All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

trooper door and rear speakers... info here not question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holdens-recovery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 22:44    Post subject: trooper door and rear speakers... info here not question Reply with quote

hi everyone thought I would share my findings regarding trooper speakers after many hours of research and ball ache...

the rears will take a 5.25" speaker, however you will need to make a spacer up.. I bought some 5mm thick ply from a local d.i.y store. cut a hole to take the speakers then cut around the speakers outline.. so, screw the ring to the original trooper mounts with some small countersunk head screws..i used some small flat clips to hold the screws in as they are smaller than the trooper ones.... then screw the new speaker on with some short self tappers.. done..  I will try and take some photos to make it a bit easier to understand.

the fronts are 6.25" this is a stupid Japanese size.. everything else is 6.5" sadly some speaker companies advertise their 6.5" speakers as 6" which they are not... the 6" relates to the size of hole they fit into not the outer diameter.. Halfords in great Yarmouth can confirm this as I had every set of speakers they have out of the boxes and measured them!!

I found a chap who sells new foam ring thingys that you can glue on the speakers yourself and repair them... looks like it works really well and so long as your speakers coil hasn't blown it will be a cheap repair.. his website is speaker-repairs.co.uk

after hours of searching I finally found that JL audio do a set of 6.25" speakers for Japanese fitment. they are 2 way and have a really good sound quality. the part number is TR600-CXI - 6 15cm this part is important as I think they are available in 6.5" as well.. they are expensive at £85.00 but well worth it...

now they are not a direct fit as they are a little deeper than the standard ones. so the plastic grating and plug holder that is behind the speakers have to be removed..

but otherwise the holes line up perfectly and they just screw in.. I found also that soldering the wire to the tabs gave a little more room than using crimps...

I will try and get some photos over the weekend

hopefully this will help someone!!

fred
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 22:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

twelfty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corsa C or D speakers also work...........

front speakers ,slice round the housing ,cutting it back to the speaker frame and then solder leads direct rather than spades ,I used the original leads off my bighorn so they clip into the loom correctly

A little bit of sliding about and they mount in the front doors on mounting foam quit easily

rear parcel shelf speakers,same principle,a little bit fiddlier as drilling involved for mtgs  but the end result and sound quality are well worth it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: