2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

safe mode???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurfyhgv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05    Post subject: safe mode??? Reply with quote

Hi, i am new to this site can anybody please help......

I had just had a gas conversion done on my citation 3.2 auto 95. When i collected it , it drove ok, then , went into safe mode with the ' check transmission ' light coming on. So i topped up the gerabox oil, drove it, same again , into safe mode when changing from 1st to 2nd gear and stays in safe mode then over heats if i manage to get it over 40mph.

Please can anybody help/ assist me with what the problem is Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . The mechanic cannot find the problem Mad .

Cheers
Smrfyhgv
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonkem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert in either LPG or Auto boxes but had a similar issue with a friends Astra after it was fitted with gas. Turned out, after days of head scratching and contemplating replacing sensors, ecu, etc, it was a damaged wire leading to a sensor. The fitter had pinched it when clipping a pipe and there was a partial short which caused the ecu to keep showing a fault.
Worth checking very carefully over every part of the lpg installation.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
kindwarf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:14    Post subject: gas conversion Reply with quote

I sounds as if the part of the gas kit that trick;s the ecu into thinking its running on petrol may not be working correctly. Smile
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd find another fitter that knows what he's doing, sounds like your guy may have reached the end of his knowledge, I'd also get them to bill it back to him. I looked at gas kits for my Chevy and prices varied enormously, everything I read suggested that you get what you pay for in as much as the skill is in the setup not the kit itself and thats what costs the money as it's time.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: