2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

fuel problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringpull

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:39    Post subject: fuel problem Reply with quote

Hi my name is john can anyone please tell me if i have an electric pump in the fuel tank of my 2001 3.0L trooper citation my wife used my trooper to take out our dogs and when she got back she said i think the car needs fuel as its not running right and yes she had ran it out of diesel ever since then it has been very hard to start and most mornings it will not start unless i prime it with the hand primer under the bonnet once it has started it starts and runs ok but sometimes it will cut out but then starts again first turn of key and it will run for i while sounding as if it is hunting for fuel then it runs perfect since she ran it out of fuel its never run right  BLESS HER can anyone please help me i love my trooper and am lost without him
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

no pump in the tank but the tank is prone for rotting out on top which then allows air in to the fuel. also search the forum for orps issues as you may have an issue with yours
ringpull

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:20    Post subject: starting problem Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

Thanks for the reply i am going to drop tank first check out the tank or replace if need be then if still the same will replace orps and see how things go thank you very much for the info i will let you know the results when done touch wood all will be fine and my boy will be up and running again cheers
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fit a clear inline filter between the fuel in on the filter housing and the housing itself then you can see any air bubbles coming from the tank side. It's a lot easier than dropping the tank as that is a pain of a job so if you don't need to drop it because there is no air bubbles then it saves a lot of work
ringpull

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eithan
at last my little lad is up and running but talk about going round the houses the lad who does my car a very old friend of mine isaid can you check no air coming out with fuel s put clear in line filter on pipe he does and first no air so i get told it will be fine now no i said i now want an orps fitting dont need it he says day after it dont start so other lad who works with him say electric pump will cure it so i said just get one stick it on if it makes you feel better as my temper was starting to get the better of me so i order one give it to them said right just sort it for me please so on it goes and suprise suprise it starts runs following morning no start and he says that should have cured it my temper  now gone into danger zone but i had already got the orps give it to him and walked away three hours later they bring it back running like a young pup well i said next time just do as i say oh its so good to have him back to normal so a very big thank you eithan you are a top man and i am a happy little chicken thanks once again cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: