4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Caravaning

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The PIG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 21:34    Post subject: Caravaning Reply with quote

How many of us use Troopers for towing our caravans?
I used to do it, the MK1 2.6i was great for towing my old caravan, used to go quite a few places, Devon,Dorset, Lake District, then we went to Rye in it fell in love with a caravan site there and bought a static caravan, sold it few year back, but is a lovely place Rye would advice it if you are in to Caravaning,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum and Brother both have statics on Windy Harbour nr Blackpool, i gave up with my tourer and went to camping (wish i hadnt, i would have killed for it at langdale) Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Iv'e got a twin axle swift (1989 same as my trooper Smile )

2.8 tow's it with great ease, and is very stable (I love leaf springs face)

Allot better now I installed driving lights to get around the lack of headlight adjusters.
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like caravaning especialy on race days u cant beat the thrill of towing a caravan round an oval track trying to demolish your opponent full bore
the carnage is awsome
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo Ooo Ooo Mee Mee Mee - but only on the odd occasion when my old man lets me borrow his caravan. He has a 17ft 3 berth Elddis Typhon IIRC. Have had some good hols in it so far and plan to take it to southern brittany this summer for two weeks.
The PIG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice
Philp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this where I wear my "burn all caravans" tee-shirt (ducks and runs whilst donning flameproof undies) I'm sure you're all considerate caravan towers unlike some of the people I've encountered in my time, including the idiot that felt it neccesary to physically swing out and block me every time I tried to overtake him and then when we reached a junction had the cheek to get out and have a go at me, telling me that overtaking a caravan on a country road was illegal and stupid. Despite the fact I'd been stuck behind the tw*t for half an hour at half the posted speed limit and he'd made no move to let anyone get past him. Sorry guys, always been a camper, can't see the point in touring caravans really!

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Peter Bonnell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 21:06    Post subject: caravanning Reply with quote

Caravanners who drive like that should be taken out at dawn and shot they are giving us all a bad name! but tents are ok for teenagers off there heads on special brew or that 1 night a year when it's warm enough to sit outside, the rest of the time i'll go for sprung seating, blown air heating satellite television & electric flush toilet Laughing Laughing
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 21:25    Post subject: Re: caravanning Reply with quote

Peter Bonnell wrote:
Caravanners who drive like that should be taken out at dawn and shot they are giving us all a bad name! but tents are ok for teenagers off there heads on special brew or that 1 night a year when it's warm enough to sit outside, the rest of the time i'll go for sprung seating, blown air heating satellite television & electric flush toilet Laughing Laughing

Wimp, we had -5c in Langdale,

I come home early, i couldnt do a second night, my nose was frosty Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 21:36    Post subject: caravanning Reply with quote

I know mate we were in my mum&dads static at Scarborough that weekend we came up to Langdale on Sunday but only saw Pajero's. Had a go on the Gungle Trek and it started snowing brilliant time though
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 21:40    Post subject: Re: caravanning Reply with quote

Peter Bonnell wrote:
I know mate we were in my mum&dads static at Scarborough that weekend we came up to Langdale on Sunday but only saw Pajero's. Had a go on the Gungle Trek and it started snowing brilliant time though

*Off Topic* Did you get any pics ?
There was 3 troopers and now yours, i wish i had seen you Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 22:26    Post subject: caravanning Reply with quote

My dad was also there in his 3.1 . I was a bit disapointed realy I expected to see a lot of troopers. When we got back to the starting point about 5 pajeros turned up 1 with his sunroof stuck open in the snow !!
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have brought the caravan, i would have been your friend for life.
And it depends on the time you got there, if we had allready set off then you missed us Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 22:46    Post subject: caravanning Reply with quote

We got there about 11.00 it must have just been bad luck we didn't see each other, we had a coffee from the cabin and left about 3 o'clock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: