2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Land Rover G4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:48    Post subject: Land Rover G4 Reply with quote

Not sure if I've posted in the right place for this thread but if I haven't apologies are given.
Back to subject - guy up the road from me as got an Orange Disco with G4 stickers all over it. Got the chance to have a chat with him yesterday and he told me that he's truck done the Australian G4 challenge 3 years ago. He bought it earlier this year, and although all tricked up with all the surface mods, synthetic rope winch, snorkel, expedition roof rack, spot lights etc., it doesn't get used off road, only to show with the G4 Landy group that he belongs to. To be fair, I wouldn't spoil it by getting it scratched and dented, because it looks in show room condition.
I didn't ask the question when talking, but does anybody know what the G4 Challenge is all about. Is it an expedition with challenging off road situations, i.e. a bit like an extended green lane drive in foreign parts or is it a race but not as extreme as the past Dakar rally?
Is it just a Land Rover thing or do other manufacturers take part or do their own version?
Are the trucks factory prepared, up rated, similar or on the same line as the Camel special LRs that used to be sought after or just surface mods?
Going back to the owner, I'm going to take him out in my truck just to high light the other element of getting the truck scratched and muddy as he didn't have any knowledge of the lanes in his backyard.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: