2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

my trooper 3.0L citation wont start in the morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringpull

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 14:17    Post subject: my trooper 3.0L citation wont start in the morning Reply with quote

HI chaps its john again sorry been late in replying but am in between moving house and its a nightmare anyway i had my trooper plugged into tech 2 and was told that orps is good orcv is good and high pressure pump is good also now my trooper will start after it has been running which it would not before so dont know what he done there but i still have to give it a bit of sniff in the morning the chappy told me it is just coming up to  4 bar on tick over pressure which is not enough to start it but when running it builds up to right pressure and it will start again even after a few hours it starts but left overnight and it will need a bit of sniff on start up has any body any ideas what would make it do this as nothing is coming up on tech 2 to indicate what it is any help would be great

thanks john
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 14:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you made sure it isn't drawing air i over night. Pipes can rot and get pin holes in (especially above the tank), also the primers can split the diaphragm when the button is pressed.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you getting 4 bar from? 4 bar isn't enough to start a 3.0l it needs to be 4mpa which is enough to start them which is about 40bar. the gauge on the dash isn't anything to do with injector pressure so don't go off that but if the tech 2 is reading 4mpa then you got other issues causing the non start not the oil pressure
ringpull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan yes sorry you are right it is 4mpa but once it has started it will start again all day long it is only when left over night it wont start in the morning without a bit of sniff after that it is not a problem starting cheers john
ringpull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhanagar yes have had top of tank checked and pipes going to it he said the tank is fairly new and cant see anything on the pipes from the tank so i may need further investigation into other pipes will get that checked cheers for that john
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it's got 4 mpa when cranking but won't start?
ringpull

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan sorry late reply running about between houses the man said when cranking it is slowly creeping up to 4 mpa but not enough to start it i expect if i could crank it for long enough it would get to 4 mpa and start but at the moment its just not getting to that 4 on first crank but a little squirt of sniff and it starts then it has built up to that 4 and pressure stays there and will start all day only when left overnight pressure drops below then same again a bit of sniff and its off and runs sweet  not a judder not a stall just perfect

cheers Eithan
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would orcv or you have an oil leak internally, when it's running what does the orcv % say on tech2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: