2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radiator Cap pressure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cypriot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:40    Post subject: Radiator Cap pressure Reply with quote

Hi all,

I suspected to the radiator cap is faulty and do not suck water from the expansion tank. It pressure was 0.9 lbs / psi but I preffer to replace it with 1.1 lbs / psi.

And when I came back from the spare part shop and check from

Parts catalog

it gives 3 different part number and all are 1.1lbs / psi

2 94116916 1326026 -CAP,ASSY.,FILLER (NLS.- USE 97136119 13 26 030) 1  
2 97136119 1326030 -CAP,ASSY.,FILLER (NLS.- USE 97148456 13 26 031) 1  
2 97104194 1326027 -CAP,ASSY.,FILLER

vehicle doesn't have any heating problem but it slowly blows engine coolant to the expansion and expansion tank blow it out. This makes me paranoid and check water level every morning.

Water temp gauge needle always on the left side of center and vehicle never overheat.

First I suspected faulty or wrong pressure type radiator cap which I discovered it was wrong one. I also noticed that when you press bottom part try to stimulate coolant get hot and pressure to the cap spring it cant be move equally / directly to the outer side of cap. the new one nicely and equally move when I press it.

if you have any idea what I should check next please let me know.

cheers

Ali
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would flush the radiator .. or test it with hot water. Lie it down and fill it with hot water. Place your hand on it and feel for cold spots. Try flushing it, but 9/10 times they won't flush and need replacing.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

cypriot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
I would flush the radiator .. or test it with hot water. Lie it down and fill it with hot water. Place your hand on it and feel for cold spots. Try flushing it, but 9/10 times they won't flush and need replacing.

Hello Rhanagar,

Radiator looks new, I think previous owner replaced it while he replaced thermostat and upper radiator hose.

I 'll try some kind of products to flush complete engine coolant because it look browny.

I hope it will clean coolant system.

do you have any advise about wich kind of chemical is good to flush engine cooling system?

thanks

Ali
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use water into the rad cap and out the drain plug until it runs clear. Ten top up with coolant. Then repeat a few months later until I get consistent clear water everytime I do it.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: