Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Overpressure at cooling system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cypriot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 14:11    Post subject: Overpressure at cooling system Reply with quote

Sad news,

while I try to stop engine coolant to go expansion and then out of expansion tank I caused more pressure and one of the hose tear just close to thermostat housing. I thing one of them which goes to the heater matrix.

I only replaced 0.9bar rad cap with 1.1 an within 3 days hose tear / blown. I managed to prevent engine to overheat but I dont know what is the damage yet.

I also think that previous owner hide coolant over pressure by using lower pressure rad cap. It might be a blown head gasget. Btw engine coolant temp never reached half before. It usually go just left side of center.

My mechanicer think that, it might be fault of old rubber coolant hose or faulty thermostat which stuck closed.

he suggested to replace faulty hose, check other hoses an thermostat first.

I only drive vehicle about a minute while temp gauge was a 3/4.

I hope the worst damage is only old coolant hose or maybe a gead gasget.

I am open to your opinions and advises.

Thanks

Ali
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 14:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

head gaskets are common on the 3.1 and can cause the piston on cylinder 4 to pick up and damage the cylinder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: