QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4wd

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:25    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

Well I have a bit of a ridiculous question for you all.I have a 3l diesel trooper 2002. After looking to see why the 4wd dosent work, I found that the vacuum pump is missing and there are 3 vacuum hoses waving about in fresh air? also the EGR valve is nowhere to be seen. has anyone any idea why? these components have been removed please. Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

An idiot has been working on your truck.

Best off to replace them.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 16:15    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

that is a very accurate assumption! The various problems I have had over the last 2 years you would not believe!. We I guess I will see if I can put it back together again. Crying or Very sad
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had that experience with my current truck. Keep find little surprises everywhere Very Happy

Try contacting Dan @ Independent Isuzu. He may well have the bits you are missing:

http://www.independentisuzu.co.uk/contact-us.html

Deceased

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

how on earth can the vac pump be missing? it must blow oil out of it's hole at a fair rate of knots
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:55    Post subject: 4 wd Reply with quote

well eithan, I have 2 diagrams of the vacuum system. From your comment , it sounds like the part im missing is the resovoir ? and not the pump. my thoughts are I must have a vac pump because my brakes work ok??
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:59    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

thanks Rrhanagar, once I can figure out exactly what parts are missing I will look in to ordering them.
bg trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:48    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

Hello again, here I am with another silly question. I believe I have read everything on how the 4wd works but I still cant figure out exactly where the "vacume accumulator" should be.As I mentioned before. I have 3 vacuum hose waving around in space just under the air filter.I am not sure which direction they should be going.It looks like someone has just pushed the hoses up out of the way. I have looked at many diagrams of the system, but fully understood the exact location of the Vacum accumulator.sorry to be so dumb but I cant seem to be able to get any local help here.
bg trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:50    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

oops, that should read, "NOT fully understood"
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacuum can would be underneath the body, behind the sill on the lhs of the truck. The three pipes, two breather pipes, front diff and sotf  mechanism. last one would be the the exhauster for the sotf solenoids. Chase them back and that's what you should find. Have you found all the pipes relating to the EGR valve and solenoid actuator ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the dipstick tube is an accumulator and the 4wd is fed from the small pipes on the dipstick tube at the bottom nearest the bulkhead, theres a pipe that comes off the tube then it has a T Piece in it which feeds the 4wd and the quick warm up system on the drivers side of the engine bay
bg trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:06    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

thankyou for that info! I shall clear the snow and crawl under to have a look.This has given me a great start,. Thankyou.
bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 13:27    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

Well thanks to the last 2 posts, I am possibly getting there with the many vacuum hoses which operate the 4wd system.i appear to have all the vac hoses where they should be.I have found the vacume accumulator which has a hose running to it, and the dipstick has the 3 hoses going of to there various places.
BUT, I still have the 3 mystery hoses waving around in the engine compartment.The 3 hoses come from the front actuator, they then travel over the top of the steering box and up in to the engine compartment, where the just stop and are not connected to anything??. Could any one tell me where these 3 hoses should continue to.I have spent hours searching for something they could connect to.thankyou for your help so far I really do appreciate it.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the actuator one comes off the back of the unit and is a larger diameter hose then it is just a breather and isn't connected to anything.

Deceased

bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:11    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

thanks rhanagar! one down and 2 to go. Very Happy I have a diagram from Isuzu which shows that one hose goes to the air filter. So I shall remove that today and have a look at that possibility? The only other item is the E.G.R valve.which side of the engine is it and what is it close to?The diagrams I have and the ones that you posted ,don't seem to be exactly what I have under the bonnet. Or it could be just my lack of understanding the diagrams in the first place.Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: