2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4wd

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 14:11    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

well I cant find where the 3 vacuum hoses should go to.My next attempt is to flag down a trooper the same as mine and ask to have a look under the bonnet? so the 4wd is on the back burner for now. I shall go and change the c. v boots to keep my self occupied. Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 14:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bg trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 13:26    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

just woundered if there are any pics on this forum of the engine compartment looking down onto the l.h.s. of the engine. 4jxi 3ltr trooper.gone back to trying to find home for vacuum hoses. Rolling Eyes
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

they could be breather pipes from the front axle which if they are they loop over themselves and are fixed to a bracket at the bottom of the ecu
bg trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:23    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

well eithan if that is the case re the 3 vac pipes, I have been looking for something that is not there.I like it! the pipes do as you say exactly!They loop back over themselves and look like they were once fixed to the body work under the air filter.So I now will continue my fault finding with rhangars post and pics on the sotf system. one last question? I have read the term "wind up" re 4wd. What does that actually mean in simple terms?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Robbo wrote:
Vacuum can would be underneath the body, behind the sill on the lhs of the truck. The three pipes, two breather pipes, front diff and sotf  mechanism. last one would be the the exhauster for the sotf solenoids. Chase them back and that's what you should find. Have you found all the pipes relating to the EGR valve and solenoid actuator ?

A week ago  Rolling Eyes
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the trooper hasn't got a centre diff the front and rear wheels turn at the same speed but due to rotational differences in tyres and when turning some are going to turn faster than others, this causes the gearbox  and transfer box to 'wind up' to the point where the vehicle feels like it won't move due to a lot of pressure through the system, if a wheel jumps then the wind up releases itself until that rotational difference causes the problem again. this is why the trooper should only be in 4wd on surfaces that allow the wheels to slip so you don't get wind up, if the trooper had a centre diff then none of this would happen i.e subaru's and mitsubishi's and land rovers.
bg trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:50    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

thanks eithan, for explanation on "wind up"
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 17:47    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

hi , once again! after much work on the sotf system, ie. replacing hoses etc, I now require a new switch for the front dif actuator.If this is the correct term?. It is the electric switch which changes from 2wd to 4wd. It is shown on rhangars sotf fault finding post.I had one from scrap yard but wires were very corroded and fell of. tried digging out the black pitch type material to possibly solder new wires to it but not much luck there.does anyone know where I can buy a new switch in the uk please? I would consider a second hand one, although a little reluctant after my first experience.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.independentisuzu.co.uk/contact-us.html

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

well thankyou to all of you who gave me advice on the 4wd system.I now have it working ok. It was the switch on the front transfer box and 2 small wires leading from the solenoids on the front transfer box had worn away the insulation by rubbing on the front axel. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: