QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HandBrake Warning Light/Brake Warning Light Query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackpanther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 16:19    Post subject: HandBrake Warning Light/Brake Warning Light Query Reply with quote

Can anyone help with a fault query in relation to the handbrake/brake warning light staying "On".All the brakes have been renewed back in Nov/Dec 2015,including the handbrake cables and discs/drums,there is no loss of brake pedal pressure or brake fluid.

The light came on after I drove about 1 1/2 miles,parked up for about 15 minutes,when I came to drive home,after realeasing the handbrake the light stayed on,and still is.

All brakes where Spot On when MOT was done back in December 2016, I think it may be the Handbrake Warning Switch on handbrake lever,has anyone any ideas???

Many thanks in anticipation of response Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 16:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the float isn't stuck down in the reservoir and is the black diaphragm pushed back in to the cap?
blackpanther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Very Happy Hi matey,no checked as yet,will check tomorrow and let you know. Smile  Smile
blackpanther

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy Hi matey many,many thanks for the advice,I have checked the Master cylinder,and although the diaphragm was ok,the float was at the top of the fluid,I gave it a gentle "Prod" with my finger,"Bingo" light has now gone out Yipppppeeeeee.

Many thanks once again,much appreciated  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: