QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

whats the valve in the front pipe for??????????????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyloadsamud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 21:24    Post subject: whats the valve in the front pipe for?????????????????????? Reply with quote

can any one tell me why there is a butterfly valve between the front flexi exhaust pipe and the first silencer and what it is meant to do.there are cables coming from it into a box attached to the o/s mid chassis rail??????

what is it and what does it do??????
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 21:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tonyw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The butterfly is part of the Quick warm-up system. There is another butterfly in the intake system. The idea is that by generating back-pressure in the exhaust, the engine has to work harder, so generates more heat, speeding the warming process. Have a look here for more info
billyloadsamud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. seems to be ok in the exhaust as was open when i replaced flex front pipe the other week
ScottSi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually TonyW i have read the posts on the QWS and i have noticed that mine doesn't go off, the blue light stays lit even when i have been driving for like over an hour. (i dont leave it on, i caught the switch is what i mean after about an hour)

Now i have a whistling noise on mine, and am wondering would one of these butterfly valves be causing my whisle under acceleration.

I do have a thread running this should be close to this one...."WHISTLING TURBO"

Where is the valve on the intake then?

Scott.
ethel610

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont use our switch always seems to cause problems with the loss of power and black smoke.

Not quite sure now what valve can be blanked off. Always thought it was underneath in exhaust, theres like a square bit that joins and have to knock that to rlease valave thats stuck. Seem like there's one above in egine as well, from what ive been reading.

will be having a word with garage when it next goes for service.
ScottSi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes which is why im waiting to see if TonyW replies, should be intersting to find out where this is........

Knock it? I 'll get the bloody sledge hammer if it carries on! Smile ha ha ha ha ha
ScottSi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tend not to use the QWS and have recommended it to fellow trooper drivers....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: