QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wrong oil and no start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbeben

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 14:05    Post subject: Wrong oil and no start Reply with quote

Hi all,I am new here and just bought an Isuzu Trooper 3.0 TD from 2001 as repair project.I spent just 300 Eur on it and the car is in mint condition(new tyres,no scratches or dents,inside as new and only 116000 km).
This car was a courtesy car for a car  dealer and the client using it took it for an oil change in....the Opel official dealer.After 400 km the car stopped and was brought back to the car dealer on a platform and it stood there for more than 5 months collecting dust.Dealer tried to start it,sent all injectors to recalibrate(checked the papers inside the car and they were sent to be cleaned,checked and calibrated ) and soon the car was not even cranking(none of the mechanics working at the dealer  told him that it needs to fully charged batteries to spin the engine and not flat ones and boosters).
Anyway,I charged the batteries(which are brand new as well),engine spinned....started having a veeery shaky and rough idle,could barely press the gas pedal,while smoking clouds of white....then it died and never started again.With a brake cleaner squirt would start but once it is gone it stops.

Then I checked the tag the Opel garage left dangling and saw the oil used was 10W40.....so I figured out the car would never start with that oil...

My question is,if I drain the oil,change both filters would it start or did the 10W40 oil mess up the injectors and the pressure ramp sensor ? Should I sue the garage(how can an official Opel dealer not know how messy this engine is and use a completely dif oil grade) for the cost of oil change and engine flush and other damages ? Can I prove they used the wrong oil )they can say it was a mistake on the tag.....

The car is otherwise in imaculate condition....just some idiots messed up big time Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should still start on 10/40 especially where you are as i run 10/40 in the summer here in the uk, i would start by resealing the injectors with new genuine seals especially the copper ones and also trying the white wire trick (search the forum) and go from there
redbeben

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thank you for the quick reply.I live close to Gibraltar and summer here is 28 C (rarely we get above 30) and we had one week of bad weather with 10-13 C in the morning and max 22 C at mid day.
I will check again the paperwork tmr and see what has been done on the car but I recall the injectors were sent to be tested and recalibrate.I don't think they used the old seals but it would not cost a fortune to buy them anyway.

I still suspect the oil pressure/viscosity is the culprit after all I  read on this forum but if you say yours start with 10W40 then I will do the wire trick first and go from that.I also have an OBD 2 tester and will see what code pops up.....if it even connects to it.

It still puzzles me why it started after 10 sec cranking with a big white cloud of smoke and it did not pass 1500 rpm and after 10 sec more it died and never restarted....need to check the fuel lines maybe.

So tmr I will prime it properly with the pump,bleed it,wire trick and two times the glow plugs.Fingers crossed it starts and I can move it.If not I will move to the next step and change the injectors seals,oil,oil filters,fuel filter and fuel(being a courtesy car maybe put in petrol instead of diesel and it explains why it died suddenly) and see what happens.

Thank you for the all the valuable info you have on this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: