QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Polybush rear suspension upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Festeroonie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42    Post subject: Polybush rear suspension upgrade Reply with quote

Just purchased a full rear suspension  polybush kit to replace all the worn bushes (MOT FAILURE) on my SWB BIGHORN. Any help information regarding the best way to approach, changing of the bushes would be greatly appreciated. Already changed front & rear anti roll bar bushes for polybush and replaced knackered drop links.
Thks in advance to everyone. Festeroonie   Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Festeroonie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 21:36    Post subject: Re: Polybush rear suspension upgrade Reply with quote

Festeroonie wrote:
Just purchased a full rear suspension  polybush kit to replace all the worn bushes (MOT FAILURE) on my SWB BIGHORN. Any help information regarding the best way to approach, changing of the bushes would be greatly appreciated. Already changed front & rear anti roll bar bushes for polybush and replaced knackered drop links.
Thks in advance to everyone. Festeroonie   Very Happy

Really surprised I haven't receive any replies to this post, so a quick update to everyone.
Managed to remove all old bushes by drilling out rubber with the largest drill possible that would pass between inner & outer metal parts of bush. Then drifted out centre metal bush, leaving outer part intact. Used an hacksaw to cut a split along the length of the out part of bush thus releasing it with a gentle tap.
Very easy job when you've talkled the first one, get into a sort of production line.
Only problem that I've hit is removing the nearside rear upper retaining bolt from the shock absorber. Applied liberal amounts of WD40 and will tackle it at a later date. So far so good 👌🚙🚙🚙🚙👌
pcourtney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job, well done, am thinking I should do the same

where did you buy the Polybush set from ?
Festeroonie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcourtney wrote:
good job, well done, am thinking I should do the same

where did you buy the Polybush set from ?

Purchased a full rear polybush kit complete with new bolts and lock nuts, polybush antiroll bar bushes front & rear all from MILNER OFFROAD. Very good kit and easy to fit once you've completed the first one.
Mine all completed and very happy with the results,  vehicle much more stable on the road especially on the corners.
pcourtney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that was not what I really wanted to hear, the Millner anti roll bar bushes are OK for the rears measuring 19mm, but the fronts are 25mm, which is no good for me because my fronts measure 28mm   ( I have a 2003 Trooper 3.0TD )

I know Millners can send out 27mm when you complain that the 25mm's are too small, but I was hoping that someone had 28mm, not the end of the world, I know jacksdad solved it with a bit of DIY

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
pcourtney

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe these 28mm Powerflex bushes would work, they look the right sort of profile

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Front+Anti+Roll+Bar+Inner+Mount+28mm/231.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: