All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edges16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 19:39    Post subject: 4jx1 Reply with quote

hello this is my first thread so hoping for a bit of assistance. i brought my 1999 3.0 trooper with a fault of coolant going into the diesel so instead of just doing the injector seals and o rings etc i did the whole head gasket kit since fitting the new gaskets and seals i now can not get my trooper to start it turns over but will not fire. i can get it stared using the spray but it will only continue running if i keep my foot on the throttle as if i leave it to idle it dies. it appears to have oil pressure according to the dash and it is getting fuel could this be the oil pressure sensor switch? i dont have access to a tech 2 so before i go to a dealership i was wandering if anybody has any ideas? ive heard about a white wire that can be disconnected and would start if it was the oil pressure sensor switch. any advice would be much appreciated?

since i posted the above questions i have now cut the white wire but still no joy on starting her i managed to get the check engine blink code which is 63 any ideas on what that is and how to fix the problem on the 4jx1 engine many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 19:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

scarecrow243

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 20:17    Post subject: 4xj1 Reply with quote

code 82  63  are  orps  oil rail pressure sensor  if you cut the right wire it should have started but dont drive it with the wire cut replace the orps  before doing it remove both earth leads on the batteries  for a while then put them back on and check for codes again  are you sure its getting fuel
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 20:18    Post subject: Re: 4xj1 Reply with quote

scarecrow243 wrote:
code 62   63  are  orps  oil rail pressure sensor  if you cut the right wire it should have started but dont drive it with the wire cut replace the orps  before doing it remove both earth leads on the batteries  for a while then put them back on and check for codes again  are you sure its getting fuel
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you change the o rings on the sleeves when you had the head off?
edges16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello thankyou for the replies. yes i am pretty sure im getting fuel. and yes i did change the o rings on the sleeves when i had the head off i have disconnected the batteries and still get code 63 i have cut the white wire but the engine just turns over but wont fire unless i use the spray and even then i need to give it throttle to keep it running as it wont tick over by itself????? again many thanks for the replies.
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 16:50    Post subject: 3.0 Reply with quote

if it runs when you use easy start etc  and wont run without it i would say try taking the fuel line off the nearest to the bulk head and pump the fuel hand primer to see if fuel pumps out if no fuel check the fuel line all the way to the tank you can add a hand  priming fuel bulb in between the fuel line and filter this makes it a lot quicker getting fuel thru
edges16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i have taken the line off and pumped the hand pump and i do get fuel out after a couple of pumps?
edges16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i dont believe its fuel as once ive started it on the spray and can keep it running as long as i apply throttle it will rev fine it just wont idle. as soon as i let my foot off the throttle is dies and then wont start without the spray
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you drain the fuel tank of coolant?
edges16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

the diesel was getting in the coolant not the other way around i don't think but no i didnt think to drain it i will drain the system tomorrow and see if it does  anything. the guy i bought it from was running it like that for a few weeks and it always started and ran fine so i think the diesel should be okay but will drain it anyway. how will that explain getting the blink code 63 which i believe is the orps?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

code 63 is because you cut the wire
edges16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i drained the fuel system and still the same problem. what confuses me as it does sound fuel related except once you start it with the spray you can keep it running for as long as you want with a little bit of revs. so the problem is it wont fire when starting with the key and if you start it with the spray it wont idle it needs to be revved. any ideas on what could be causing this? many thanks. p.s i was getting code 63 before i cut the wire hence the reason i cut the wire but still no difference.
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 15:22    Post subject: 3.0 Reply with quote

code 63 is the orps  i still think you have a fuel problem as you say it starts with a spray and revs ok but tick over it cuts out  higher rev could be pulling fuel thru and low revs aint strong enough if that makes any sense  ie blocked fuel filter or a hole in the fuel line
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be the oil supply to the injectors try an extra 2 litres of oil past the max level and also check the orcv hasn't got stuck
edges16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have put a new fuel filter in her and check all the fuel system and cant find any problems. i will try the extra 2 liters today and check to see if the orcv has got stuck and get back to you, thankyou for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: