4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

raction light flashing, speedo not working, in limp mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LisaH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09    Post subject: raction light flashing, speedo not working, in limp mode Reply with quote

I wonder if you can help me.

I have a P reg import Bighorn 3.1td.  It has never given me any trouble but it sat for about 5 months as needed a new fuel tank and I just never got round to getting it done as did not need trooper for towing.

Went into garage last week for tank and MOT. Speedo had stopped working (had always worked before) and Check traction light flashing and feels like it is stuck in 3rd or 4th gear. On way to garage it broke down as was drawing air into the engine because of the corroded fuel pipes.Surprisingly it passed the MOT???  Work done was new fuel tank, one new brake calliper, drained oil and new oil filter.

Check traction light still comes on after about 2 miles, the gearbox feels like it is stuck in gear (3rd or 4th?) immediately you drive.  Revs sit at about 3,000 and then it goes into limp mode and will not go over about 30mph.

I have had all the transmission fluid drained and replaced - garage said the fluid they drained was burnt.

Have I completely knackered my Trooper or is this a common issue that is electrical - is it because it sat for months?

Any advice would be very gratefully received and if there are any trooper mechanics in the Edinburgh or borders area who could come look (I would pay of course) I would be very grateful.  

Garage are scratching their heads.  Any advice I could pass on to them would be great.  It is a good garage, he deals mainly with older landrovers (restoring) and has always been really good so I don't feel I am being fobbed off or anything - they have just never come across this before and I suggested I post on here to get some ideas of what could be wrong.

Many thanks

Lisa
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

to find the fault codes click on the link tells you how fault is possibly speed sensorif you get codes post them and Ican tell you what they are

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14944&highlight=fault+codes
LisaH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - I will do that, well the garage will !!
Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: