2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Speedo question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrenK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Speedo question Reply with quote

Hi.
Have 94 Manual, Bighorn. The Speedo and Trip don't work.
Question is this :- If i disconnect the Sensor at the gear box and attach the pin to a drill, with the engine running, would you expect the speedo/trip to operate?
I've replaced the sensor, and just trying to pin point where the issue is? My simple logic says when the drill spins the pin in the sensor then the speedo should work? It doesn't so therefore I guess its a fault after the sensor, rather than the Speedo gear being worn? My research so far suggests it will be the kph-mph converter wired in behind the dash.
Any body able to confirm my test would work?
Many thanks.
Bren.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BrenK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening. The response wasn't over whelming was it, haha.
Just in case any of the 51 viewers were interested, the test should have worked.
However, it wasn't the Kph/Mph converter as is often the culprit, but poor/old soldered joints on the Speedo PCB. 1/2 hour with the soldering iron and some thin copper wire to repair the PCB track (it didn't look very pretty at all!!) and now have working Speedo and Odometer again.
Cheers.
Bren.

(P.s Big thanks to Alfie for his post several years ago on the subject, as it inspired me to have a go my self at repairing them.)
Spartan535

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I've just got a 91 Big Horn with exactly the same problem, I'll have a go at sorting when I feel brave and removed the Japanese radio and mini disc player!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: