4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

MIL (check engine light)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bighornNorm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 19:41    Post subject: MIL (check engine light) Reply with quote

1998 4JX1 Bighorn. My engine check light comes on after 2 - 3 seconds from starting and produces a TPS code on scanner. Changed the TPS with one from another vehicle and fault still the same. (No faults with the vehicle that TPS came from.)
No fault light prior to changing the glow plugs which involved removing the inlet manifold due to 3 of the plugs snapped. The head was not removed. So all the wiring connectors on the inlet side have been disconnected. The manifold and engine were degreased and washed so the harness got wet. After reassembly the truck starts and runs perfectly, in fact superbly as all of the gunk has been removed from inside the manifold. As the light still comes on can I assume that there is a short to ground caused by moisture or am I barking up the wrong tree?  (Can't remember the code as was done by local auto elec but think it was 4846 or similar) Any suggestions please.  I can't help feeling that the elec is desperately trying to pin it on a componet in order to sell me something!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 19:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bighornNorm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem now solved!! Turned out to be the earth wire broken on the plug going to the TPS so the 5 volts could not get to ground. The insulation was O.K. but the wire inside was broken. I would guess that any earth break on the 5v sensors would produce a similar fault. Laughing  Very Happy
bumblebee24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I HAVE TROOPER 3.0 diesel YEAR 2000 ENGINE WARNING LIGHT ON can anyone help in getting it off with out going to main dealer as everything is working ok
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can disconnect the battery for an hour or so which should clear the memory but if you don't fix the fault it will come back on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: