QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Coding Injectors with Tech 2 [CLONE] - Novice to this Kit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildata

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53    Post subject: Coding Injectors with Tech 2 [CLONE] - Novice to this Kit. Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
Replaced bad Injector - Tech 2 identified No: 4 (both Click and Balance Check). Was 3.5 hours a good effort ?
Had one Grade 42 Spare as I got 2 from Trooper Dan 2 years ago.   (Sorry Dan - still never got round to sending Photos of Drivers Front seat - but wire going deeper in the butt is getting me motivated).

Currently Physically the Injectors are;

Cyl 1 - 44
Cyl 2 - 42
Cyl 3 - 44
Cyl 4 - 42

All coded B1 now (were Coded by Dealer B2 ?)

A "Nonet" of Questions,

1. As this was last coded by a "Decent" Dealer - did they deliberately code B2 as "leaner" to help emissions ?
2. Watching Live Data Display - See Desired Oil Rail Pressure on Idle 4Mpa - Actual varies 3.9 to 4.4 - is that Ok ?
("Zeroed" it when Rail was drained before Restart)
3. Idle Speed, a bit puzzled here - Desired seems to vary from 720 to 850 - Actual follows suit within 10 rpm - why does "Desired" alter. Can you set it ?
4. The Tech 2 has some thin blue horizontal lines (3 now) "developing" on the LCD, is it a sign it is failing completely, or is it a common thing you live with ?

5. Appears to be running Fine now, starts approx. in 3 Sec's (One Potato - 2 Potato - 3 Potato - Fires)  is there anything else to think about / Check ?
6. The TPS flashes the MIL occasionally - and stores a fault - usually "Not Present" when checking the DTC codes - can it be "disabled" - I think somebody suggested removing
the butterfly plate in the Throttle body, but will it simply give the same error without it ?
7. See some tests and settings related to EGR, as I have simply cut the threaded bit off a nut to make it smooth - and stuck it in the pipe, can these be ignored ?
8. There are 2 options in the Tech 2 for Programming Injectors - one refers to Euro III, but it seems to ignore changes made in that Screen, the "Standard" option
works fine - and the Changes are reflected in the Read/Store option. Using the Euro III option - nothing Changes.
9. Finally see some options regarding testing opening/closing Exhaust Flaps One and 2, assume this is the "Cold Start" stuff
and should be left well alone ?

Sorry for the Exam like list.

Thanks in advance.

Ciaran.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Much at once ?
Better post singly ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 18:22    Post subject: Re: Coding Injectors with Tech 2 [CLONE] - Novice to this Ki Reply with quote

wildata wrote:
Hi Folks,
Replaced bad Injector - Tech 2 identified No: 4 (both Click and Balance Check). Was 3.5 hours a good effort ?
Had one Grade 42 Spare as I got 2 from Trooper Dan 2 years ago.   (Sorry Dan - still never got round to sending Photos of Drivers Front seat - but wire going deeper in the butt is getting me motivated).

Currently Physically the Injectors are;

Cyl 1 - 44
Cyl 2 - 42
Cyl 3 - 44
Cyl 4 - 42

All coded B1 now (were Coded by Dealer B2 ?)

A "Nonet" of Questions,

1. As this was last coded by a "Decent" Dealer - did they deliberately code B2 as "leaner" to help emissions ?
2. Watching Live Data Display - See Desired Oil Rail Pressure on Idle 4Mpa - Actual varies 3.9 to 4.4 - is that Ok ?
("Zeroed" it when Rail was drained before Restart)
3. Idle Speed, a bit puzzled here - Desired seems to vary from 720 to 850 - Actual follows suit within 10 rpm - why does "Desired" alter. Can you set it ?
4. The Tech 2 has some thin blue horizontal lines (3 now) "developing" on the LCD, is it a sign it is failing completely, or is it a common thing you live with ?

5. Appears to be running Fine now, starts approx. in 3 Sec's (One Potato - 2 Potato - 3 Potato - Fires)  is there anything else to think about / Check ?
6. The TPS flashes the MIL occasionally - and stores a fault - usually "Not Present" when checking the DTC codes - can it be "disabled" - I think somebody suggested removing
the butterfly plate in the Throttle body, but will it simply give the same error without it ?
7. See some tests and settings related to EGR, as I have simply cut the threaded bit off a nut to make it smooth - and stuck it in the pipe, can these be ignored ?
8. There are 2 options in the Tech 2 for Programming Injectors - one refers to Euro III, but it seems to ignore changes made in that Screen, the "Standard" option
works fine - and the Changes are reflected in the Read/Store option. Using the Euro III option - nothing Changes.
9. Finally see some options regarding testing opening/closing Exhaust Flaps One and 2, assume this is the "Cold Start" stuff
and should be left well alone ?

Sorry for the Exam like list.

Thanks in advance.

Ciaran.

1, i doubt it they probably didn't code them right
2, yes thats fine
3, no you can't set the idle
4,not common ours is fine
5, 3 secs is good
6, you can disable the egr valve which is what works in sync with the throttle body but to stop the light flashing change the tps
7, yes
8,don't use the euro3 options for some reason it does change them i just use the standard ones
9, not as bad as the 3.1 engine so try them if you wish although i've never had a need to
wildata

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan,
Many Thanks for replies, much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: