QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu Rodeo 2006ish known problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukeysl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:05    Post subject: Isuzu Rodeo 2006ish known problems Reply with quote

Sorry if covered elsewhere, am new to the forum. Coming from having a D22 Nissan for years but looking for a crew cab now for the family.

I've seen a Rodeo Denver 56 on Autotrader near me I like, price seems high (4750) for 144k - nervous about buying anything that high on mileage at all really. It's an auto so not sure its worth over 4k to be honest.

The Nissan forum had a list on known faults / things to look out for on the D22 and D40, wondered if you had that here? Big service intervals, major problems etc.

All help gratefully received, sorry for noob question but I know zero on Isuzu, just Nissan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

front brakes can be an issue as can the 4wd motor also some are having issues with fuel pumps around the 150k mark
lukeysl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks @eithan h the one in question has had new calipers etc as part of the MOT so think ok there.

Fuel pump just pack up or any signs? Pricey to fix

Same with 4WD motor. I assume I just check it engages ok and pulls etc.

Two more questions. 1. Do the Autos have any particular probs? And 2. What's engine like with 145k on it? I heard they strong but I've never had a 100k+ vehicle.

Assume cam chains / belts etc all done long before that?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukeysl wrote:
Thanks @eithan h the one in question has had new calipers etc as part of the MOT so think ok there.

Fuel pump just pack up or any signs? Pricey to fix

Same with 4WD motor. I assume I just check it engages ok and pulls etc.

Two more questions. 1. Do the Autos have any particular probs? And 2. What's engine like with 145k on it? I heard they strong but I've never had a 100k+ vehicle.

Assume cam chains / belts etc all done long before that?

you get symptoms like random cutting out and bad accelerating when the pumps starting to go

the 4wd motor will put the check 4wd light on on the dash and it won't select 4wd

autos seem to be ok

engine is chain driven so should never need changing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: