Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

NIG Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marion46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:00    Post subject: NIG Insurance Reply with quote

I have been insured with NIG for at least 14 years
I am in the process of making a claim becouse of the theft of my Isuzu Trooper it is going to be interesting to see how thing go with the claim

It had got as far as the NIG engineer had made me an offer that I said was not enough for the replacement he said he would phone me back the next day with regard to this.

As NIG had made me an offer I under stood that this was going to be an offer that I could depend on, so I put a Dep down on a replacement Isuzu only to find when he phoned me the following day and the offer had goon down not up as he said he had made a mistake I was very up set that the company that had been insuring my Isuzu for 4 and a half years did not know what they were insuring.

I have ask for some one who is in charge of my claim to return my phone call but no replies and I have written to Charles Crawford Managing Director NIG
Lynn.Parker
and Unni.Schmidt but no reply just silence.

My broker who I have been with for 35 years does not seam to be of any help as thay have just been taken over by a large company.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The PIG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes , Sorry to hear this, Just refuse there offer and keep asking for more, not sure how far you can go with Insurance companies, possibly small claims court Question will ask my brother in-law he's in insurance,
What does your policy say for the value of the car, the best thing to do is find a similar trooper to yours for sale for a good price and show it to them that your car was worth the same, let us know howit goes Wink
Marion46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

They claim my Trooper is not worth a lot
I have got another one but it is not as good as the one I lost, and it cost me a lot more

The one I Lost was a shift 3.1L TD with Intercooler, fitted with full underbody protection, full nudge bars and 4 new alloys. 5 new Tyres, Sidestep ,.
New exalts, New brake pads
104000 miles (approx) on clock, Sunroof. Reg No. L460AKO year 1993 it was well maintained by us but to the ins co that means nothing.

They said to go to Auto Trader and look for one that is a joke at that time I had no transport and do they expect to lady in her 60s to go with cash in he hand bag and buy a 4.x 4 of just any one.
There was one that was advertised but he wanted to meat me in a lay by in Luton.

The policy say for the value of the car was £8,000

I was expecting for £4,500.oo not £2,800.oo as that was there last offer it went down from £3,100.oo when I told them it was not enough to £2,800.oo
it was a really well cared for Tooper I had only done 20,000 miles in it in the 4 and a half years I had it
The PIG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad , There a Joke, tell them that you belive that you've being paying £X amount a yera because the policy states that the car is worth £8,500 and that if the car price stated was lower then the policy would be lower and tell them there W**KERS Wink
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swearing apart, i think you have a right to a replacment of the same standard/value, unless the modifacations <cant spell, were not declared when you took out the policy Sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not expect to get more than it would cost me to buy a replacement

As the car was stolen they say they can only go by the ( Not sure how to spell it ) Glass guide book for the price

But you try and buying a nice well loved car at the price they state

My argument is if my Trooper was not worth that much why was I still paying a fully comprehensive insurance.

I have no idea who took my Trooper and why but there is one thing I can be sure of it was not because it was a wreck of an old 4X4. it had lots of miles and years left in it

I am so confused that insurance co want a full service history book stamped by a main dealer to make my car worth what they are insuring it for
but are quite happy for me to go and buy a replacement that may not have any service history and give me a new insurance on it.
Marion46

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to pay £4,250 plus £250 for the alarm to replace my Isuzu and NIG has given me £3100 they will not go any higher
I told them that my 4x4 that I lost had many extras on it and they offered me a £100 good will gesture.

I fill with all insurance's co we are on a no win

I will be looking carefully at who I go with next when my insurance's is due any suggestions
MUNDY

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equity Red Star, will postb details tomorrow for you mate Wink Very good company and cheap Wink
MUNDY

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equity Red Star- There under budget and if you do a confused search thing they are under that, telephone08704204622 Wink
best too ring
Philp

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not obliged to accept the insurance companies first offer, the thieving pikeys will always try and get away with a low offer as most people won't object. The best way to do this is to find current ads for cars of a similar spec/mileage to your own and send them to the insurer. Trade guides such a as Glass's tend to err on the low side. The only real way to get back what any car is really worth is an agreed value policy but these tend to be only available for Classics like my Chevy.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
MUNDY

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are both agreed price, the avensis at £18,000 and the trooper at £1300
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: