All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Corrosion on inner door sill/door shut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adambeevers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 22:15    Post subject: Corrosion on inner door sill/door shut Reply with quote

Good evening ladies and gents.
Recently brought a X reg trooper and whilst checking it over found some 'surface, ish' corrosion on the drivers side rear door shut, at the rear of the sill. Can anyone suggest why its corroding in this area, is it a known issue? Couldn't find anything using the search function for this area, seem strange. Going to attempt to treat it at some point but didn't want to bother yet if there was another cause for it or if it was pot luck!

Just curiosity!  Laughing
Not even like it has sunroofs either!...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jim27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a common rot spot. Only solution is new metal really. Fortunately though it's not visible unless the door's open so you can cut out, weld in and hammerite it. So no need for expensive paintwork unless you're overly fussy about cosmetics.
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Jim27 says. I had to have new steel patched in on both sides at last mot but was all done, painted and mot'd in the one hit.
Adambeevers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine hasn't gone through yet so think I'm going to rub it back and treat it. I was more asking about why it occurs here, after a bit more looking I realised theres a small section of arch liner in the bottom of the arch, just behind the area that corrodes. I suspect this fills up with crud and rots it out, think I'll remove the small section of arch liner and treat it behind there too and leave it off to allow easier cleaning.
moodygit81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I have the same problem mine has gone through blasted tinworm!! I've got a friend who has said he will weld it if I get the materials could any body tell me what thickness metal I would need as my friend didn't tell me what I would need
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: