All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil and Filter Prices 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 22:44    Post subject: Oil and Filter Prices 2018 Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I need to service my Trooper 3.0L Diesel and I’ve been looking at the oil prices, this is what I’ve found so far:

eurocarparts on e-bay 2 x 4 Litres £44.98 5w-40 Castrol fully synthetic (Engine)

eurocarparts on e-bay 5 Litres £18.99 10w-40 Shell Helix semi synthetic (Gearbox & Transfer Case)

hunt-4-spares on e-bay 3 litres @ £6..99 per 1 ltr = £20.97 Comma Mineral LS 80w-90 GL5 (Rear Axle)

hunt-4-spares on e-bay 1.52 litres say 2 ltr @ £6.99 = £13.98 Comma GL5 EP 80W-90 (Front Axle & Shift on the Fly)

Total for oil £98.92 does that seem about right?

What brands of oils are you guys using and if you have the prices and who is selling it that would be great also if you can throw in any prices for the air filter, fuel and oil filters that would be even better.

Cheers

Clive
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 22:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bubble-07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Milners Offroad for the (oil change) service kit. I use Home Bargains for general oil changes. Their Viscol oil is made by Rock Oils 4.5lt 5w30 fully synth is £14.99 ..... 4.5lt of 10w40 semi synth is £11.99
Clive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bubble

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it looks as though I paying way over the top compared to what you are paying.
I think I may have posted this question in the wrong section, it's had 32 viewings and only you have replied, I was expecting to be up half the night reading though all the replies particularly as it's not a rocket science question.

I'll re-post it in another section maybe I might get a better response as there must be a shed load of people on this forum who do their own serving and has up todate prices.

Thanks again

Clive
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst this is still the go-to encyclopaedia for all things Trooper, sadly it seems it is visited less and less these days as the club facebook page has gained in popularity. Don't give up on this site though.      https://www.facebook.com/groups/itocuk/
drew m

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not happy with milners (probably the cheapest for filters) check out carpartsforless, owned by euro car parts but on line only, so same stuff but a fair bit cheaper and free postage.
Drew
Clive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bubble

Thanks for the facebook link, I didn't realise people where tending to use it and must admit I’ve never had a facebook account.
Clive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Drew

Thanks for the lowdown on carpartsforless, I will certainly be having a look at that site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: