2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80 amp fuse blowing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:37    Post subject: 80 amp fuse blowing Reply with quote

Ok here's scenario, usual lights came on dash , so whip out alternator left in for repair , guy says it's good can't find anything wrong, so I put it back in and when I connect up battery it blows the 80amp fuse , any ideas ? Going to go over all cables this eve to see if there loose or cracked , help appreciate, it's my daily drive
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it got the plastic spacer between the positive terminal and the body? if not it's like putting the positive straight to earth
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ethan it's got the plastic ring on the alternator terminal, , it never blew the fuse before , only when i got it back and connected up the battery it blows , is there any test I can do on the alt while it's out ? Postedcon Facebook aswell ,
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

could test for resistance between the terminal and the alt body,

replace the fuse and leave the alt disconnected and reconnect the battery and see if it blows, if it does then it's not the alt at fault but i think it is by the sounds of it
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've disconnected the starter and alt , connect up battery all ok , then disconnect battery, connect up alt , then when I reconnect battery the fuse blows , I be taken off the alt to bring it back and get checked over again , fingers crossed
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update !! Thanks Ethan  looksvlikevu on the money , guy tested alt again seems register or something broken down ,, just waiting on the "jap import "  head scratching bit ,,  when he looks for parts ; so if anyone has a link to alt replacement parts plesae  forward  on thanks
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok looks like we are sorted , one of terminals on rear was cracked on the little plastic piece of insulation , so all good now , just need few new pipes and we good to go , think it may of broke when removing it , thanks for help Ethan  , new alternator was got in the end other one left in as service exchange
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: