4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

"Razo" box wired into steering coloum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 17:43    Post subject: "Razo" box wired into steering coloum Reply with quote

Hello all, Can anyone help me out, Question

I have a small black box on top of my steering coloum, its directly behind my steering wheel and is wired into my dash board. It is marked as "Razo". It is about 2 inchs wide and has a small window with a green LED display with a button either side of the LED display with - signs on them. Today i accidently hit it when i was cleaning the car and it has switched itself on. Exclamation
It seems to keep the engine ticking over even when the vehicle is in P with the keys out of the ignition and the steering wheel is locked. Using the - buttons you can decrease the LED from 9 to 1 and at 1, the counter shows L and then it switchs the engine off.
Can anyone explain whar this is and how do you deactivate it
Thanks
Gerry
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 17:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a turbo protection device (it has got a technical name, just can't remember what it is) - turbos should be run on idle for about 30s before turning off to allow oil cooling and for the huge speed turbos get to to decrease as it will keep spinning when you turn the engine off & not lubricate itself.

Renault 5 turbos do it too. It is a good idea as the life of the turbo is much lengthened.
garyq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a turbo timer. 1-9 is 1 to 9 minutes you want the car to idle before it automatically shuts off the engine. This allows the engine oil to cool down the turbo before the whole motor stops. Laughing
Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Thanks fella
it seems to be doing exactly what you say, dont seem to be able to switch it off even though it was when i bought the tank and only came on yesterday when i accidently hit the buttons as i was cleaning inside the car.
if it helps mr turbo keep going ...al well and good
ta
gerry
cheers Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: