Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Plasma winch lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 20:16    Post subject: Plasma winch lines Reply with quote

Ive just seen this on 5th gear ch5
Very impressive stuff, do any of you use it ?
http://www.firstfouroffroad.co.uk/winch_line.htm
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 20:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 23:32    Post subject: YES Reply with quote

i have used it for past three yrs great stuff expensive but excellent
8) 8) 8)
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that its light and also it wont cut your head off if it snaps,
I'll be investing in a winch soon so i think the extra money for the line is well worth it Smile

I wouldnt mind but i didnt know the stuff existed until last night,
all those years of throwing a coat over the steel cable on the recovery truck Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive you have to be careful of heat with them, was reading something that says most extreme challenge competitors still use steel rope as if the winch drum gets too hot from repeated winching it can melt! It is possible I belive to get some heat resistant man made stuff spliced in to cover the first layer on the winch drum to get around this. I believ it also floats which makes recovering out of water much easier!

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 13:18    Post subject: plasma Reply with quote

i marshall on a lot of the extreme competions and find that most of them all runn on plasma and you very rarely hear of the plasma snaping ive only heard it once and that was in march on a very extreme competion
most competors replace plasma a very set times i.e how many times and how heavelythey used it
they also unwind and check there ropes after every comp
the only time that ive seen plasma melt and go brittle is on my own winch where i powered out the rope and the x9 winch drums really get hot and i mean hot
that is why there is a clutch fitted so you free spool it out
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it has come a long way, I've no experience myself but have seen a few articles in various 4x4 mags. Seems like it's really catching on. Of course the other big bonus is nothing to cut your hands/clothes etc on if you brush against it.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will see if my buddy can sauce Laughing some in taiwan the best gear comes from there
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, atleast it floats so we would know where to find spikes car Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 21:14    Post subject: PLASMA LINE Reply with quote

be very carefull when buying plasma there's a lot of copies of this rope being sold as plasma when it has very little in kind to the real stuff there's some idiote selling it on e.bay as plasma some one bought it thinking great cheaper than normal problem was as he was winching his motor up hill it snapped guese what he came down a hell of a lot faster and substianed a lot of damage to his motor he was lucky he walked away from it
so remember the magic words THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CHEAP MEAL MEANING YOUR LIFE
so be very carefull only buy what you know and tryst as if you get a duff plasma and you injurer or kill some one you would be taken to court and if your dead your estate would be sued for compensation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: