QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

need help with mot failure identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m9g

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 18:26    Post subject: need help with mot failure identification Reply with quote

so 95 bighorn failed mot  but i cant quite get what they are on about, it says....

Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn offside rear (top ball joint)

So on the ends of my anti-roll bar there looks like a little damper with a rubber boot on it, is it this damper thing that needs replacing?

It also has a pipe going into it, whats this and how do i go about replacing this damper like thing?

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 18:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

m9g

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expected to have to replace drop links but my bighorn hasnt got them and have these damper things instead hmmmmm
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say that it's that little damper thing, do you have adjustable stiffness suspension?
m9g

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

done some digging around and it is part of the suspension system built by Lotus, the component is now not available anywhere but can be removed and replaced with standard drop links which i now have and will be changing tomorrow Smile

Not bad for a 24 year old 200k miles car

failed on that drop link (will replace both rear), washer jets are blocked (that was me mopping the vehicle), wheel bearing (that was me changing the front discs) and the handbrake needs adjusting

Pretty happy with that Smile
Grandad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That suspension was done by Irmscher not lotus and it was to give more travel offroad the lotus version was to give a stiffer ride on road
m9g

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandad wrote:
That suspension was done by Irmscher not lotus and it was to give more travel offroad the lotus version was to give a stiffer ride on road

Ah right ok thanks, only going by what Milner 4x4 told me when i rang them. Swapped to standard drop links now, rest of bits done so just waiting for re-test now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: