2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Re: injector code

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43    Post subject: Re: injector code Reply with quote

Hi guys, what should the code be for a 4jx1 injector, how to find the code with a tech 2?

Thanks for your time
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

the two digit number is the grade but you you need the table to turn it in to the grade on tech 2 which is on the site somewhere
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
the two digit number is the grade but you you need the table to turn it in to the grade on tech 2 which is on the site somewhere

What would the search word be, please and hanks?
bigbluetruck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bighorn98,

You will need the Tech2 to tell the ECU what injector grade you have just fitted. If you didn't already know, if you look at the top of your injector there will be a long string of digits and a bar code. The last two digits (preceded by a dash) will indicate your injector grade i.e mine were all -43. This will dictate the code you input into via Tech2. I had these written down from a previous post, as I cant always find what I need using the search function.

A1 = 20 to 26
A2 = 27 to 33
A3 = 34 to 39
B1 = 40 to 44
B2 = 47 to 53
C1 = 61 to 67
C2 = 68 to 74

Hope this is what you were after.
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluetruck wrote:
Hi Bighorn98,

You will need the Tech2 to tell the ECU what injector grade you have just fitted. If you didn't already know, if you look at the top of your injector there will be a long string of digits and a bar code. The last two digits (preceded by a dash) will indicate your injector grade i.e mine were all -43. This will dictate the code you input into via Tech2. I had these written down from a previous post, as I cant always find what I need using the search function.

A1 = 20 to 26
A2 = 27 to 33
A3 = 34 to 39
B1 = 40 to 44
B2 = 47 to 53
C1 = 61 to 67
C2 = 68 to 74

Yes it is, thank you much.

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

your missing some in that list

a1 20  26
a2 27 33
a3 34 39

b1 40 46
b2 47 53
b3 54 60

c1 61 67
c2 68 74
c3 75 80

Last edited by eithan h on Sat Aug 04, 2018 17:40; edited 3 times in total
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bighorn98 wrote:
bigbluetruck wrote:
Hi Bighorn98,

A1 = 20 to 26
A2 = 27 to 33
A3 = 34 to 39
B1 = 40 to 44
B2 = 47 to 53
C1 = 61 to 67
C2 = 68 to 74

Yes it is, thank you much.

Ok , so I pulled my injectors today andmthemonly numbers I saw on them as (8971925961 at the top and 0000165978 on the bottom, and only 1 injector has both numbers, no - with numbers after on them any where, so now how do I know what the game is?

Thanks again
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this isn't good, the long number that starts with all the zero's is the injector serial no. that is what was checked during the iz17 recall and should be replaced if the number is below 00000554264 so if yours are starting with a 1 then they shouldn't be in a car at all unless yours hasn't had the iz17 recall done.
ideally any injector below 554264 wants throwing away and it might only have the letter A as it's grading as it's that old
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
ok this isn't good, the long number that starts with all the zero's is the injector serial no. that is what was checked during the iz17 recall and should be replaced if the number is below 00000554264 so if yours are starting with a 1 then they shouldn't be in a car at all unless yours hasn't had the iz17 recall done.
ideally any injector below 554264 wants throwing away and it might only have the letter A as it's grading as it's that old

I am in Jamaica and I don’t think there was a recall here so the fact that only one injector has all the numbers and the others don’t say to me tha these are from 98, so now what do I do with thiis?
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

the top number is the part no. that doesn't matter, the important ones are the serial no. and a 2 digit number under it for the grade.

if the serial numbers are below 554264 then get rid of them or you need to keep a very close eye on the oil level as those were the injectors that used to destroy the 3.0l engine
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
the top number is the part no. that doesn't matter, the important ones are the serial no. and a 2 digit number under it for the grade.

if the serial numbers are below 554264 then get rid of them or you need to keep a very close eye on the oil level as those were the injectors that used to destroy the 3.0l engine

So what are the good injectors number that I should look for to,replace these, and should I,get new or used?
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

new is obviously the best way to go as there is no danger then that they are going to mix the oil and diesel or even work electrically, they have also been redone about 2 yrs ago so they are now a different colour and totally different part no. and serial no.

over here in the uk a set retails at about £1049 plus vat whilst individual injectors are £476 plus vat each

if you do go second hand then the serial no. needs to be over 554264 but get them from a vehicle that hasn't got a rising oil level and you know was running on all 4 as the injectors are known for going wrong but without access to a tech2 to click test them you take a chance.
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
new is obviously the best way to go as there is no danger then that they are going to mix the oil and diesel or even work electrically, they have also been redone about 2 yrs ago so they are now a different colour and totally different part no. and serial no.

over here in the uk a set retails at about £1049 plus vat whilst individual injectors are £476 plus vat each

if you do go second hand then the serial no. needs to be over 554264 but get them from a vehicle that hasn't got a rising oil level and you know was running on all 4 as the injectors are known for going wrong but without access to a tech2 to click test them you take a chance.

Ok, two questions, what cause the diesel mix, and how do I do. Click test with the tech 2?
Thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

internal o ring goes allowing diesel and oil to mix and theres an option on tech2 for injector control which runs through a click test on each injector
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
internal o ring goes allowing diesel and oil to mix and theres an option on tech2 for injector control which runs through a click test on each injector

Thanks, is,the click test done when the engine is running?
I have change the ORPS, THE ROPCV, THE STRAINER SEALS AND HAVE BEEN CRANKING THE MOTOR WITh,NO START FOR,THE LAST 3 days, fuel is up in the fuel filter but still no start, tech 2 has fuel,temp high input, the car has been siting for a year,how long should it take to start?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: