QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 rear crank seal fitting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02    Post subject: 3.1 rear crank seal fitting Reply with quote

Hi there, when fitting a new rear crank seal, is there a retaining compound needing applied to the crank/wear ring? Thanks Bryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope as it's quite a tight fit
bigb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan, I just got a price for the seal from my local isuzu, £48.14p, This seems very steep? Would you know if this is a rip off? Thanks again Bryan
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds right have you got a part no. for it? might be able to do one a bit cheaper for you
bigb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered over the phone so no part number, if it’s about right that’s fair enough, needs doing so I have no choice, don’t want to put a cheap one in and have to do it again. Thanks again Bryan
bigb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted this today, the rubber seal comes out no probs, the outside ring was a nightmare, looking at the new seal, im assuming it seals on the outside and inside of the seal and not the back? I mean the outside rubber lip seals the outside and the tight fit between the crank and wear ring seals the inside? I thought it would seal against the back but it doesn’t look like it would?
bigb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m also wondering if I can test the seal before installing the motor, I don’t have a flywheel or starter on the motor at the moment but I thought of tilting the engine back so the seal would be holding back oil, maybe take the glow plugs out and crank slowly with a torque gun on the 24mm crank nut, would this work? Cheers Bryan
bigb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it as above and I’m glad I did, it had a fair old leak,wouldn’t hold oil back when I tilted the engine. The very outer edge needed a tap back in(I made a 95mm internal diameter tube from two skins of plastic pipe)they obviously didn’t take the very outer edge right home so a little tap back with another skin of pipe added to my diy tool took it in properly and it stands up to oil against it(I overfilled it and tilted it back,manually cranked the engine for a while) left for a few hours and it’s still bone dry. This could have been horrid if I didn’t test it before installing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: