All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Re: crank sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 17:19    Post subject: Re: crank sensor Reply with quote

How do I check crank sensor and where is it located on the auto t ans?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 17:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 17:21    Post subject: Re: crank sensor Reply with quote

Bighorn98 wrote:
How do I check crank sensor and where is it located on the auto t ans?
Thanks

Why can't I edit post any more and how do I post pictures?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the engine speed on tech2 if it's going up to about 180 rpm then crank is ok,

best way to check cam and crank are in sync is to watch the check engine light when you start cranking, it should be solid on with just ignition then go out and stay out when you start to crank the engine over. if it flashes once at you and the rpm reading on tech 2 only gets to about 100rpm then the cam and crank are not in sync
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
look at the engine speed on tech2 if it's going up to about 180 rpm then crank is ok,

best way to check cam and crank are in sync is to watch the check engine light when you start cranking, it should be solid on with just ignition then go out and stay out when you start to crank the engine over. if it flashes once at you and the rpm reading on tech 2 only gets to about 100rpm then the cam and crank are not in sync

Hi Eathan, these are the numbers: rail oil pressure 5.3
Engine speed: 105 rpm
: rail pressure control valve 39%
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's the engine speed thats the issue, would you say (as i can't hear it)  that it's spinning over at normal speed? if so and it's only registering 105rpm then i would be checking the timing to make sure everything is on tdc at the same time. it hasn't had the flywheel changed has it?
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
i think it's the engine speed thats the issue, would you say (as i can't hear it)  that it's spinning over at normal speed? if so and it's only registering 105rpm then i would be checking the timing to make sure everything is on tdc at the same time. it hasn't had the flywheel changed has it?

if I could only find out how to put up pictures and video I could put a video up with all that, no I have not done any fly wheel change and the car was driving when it quit I have a new battery and a battery charger on at the same time on boost and it sounds normal to me, changed the crank and cam sensors with two used ones and am now charging the battery to try a start later
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get the cam and crank sensors mixed up as they look the same but they don't work if you swap them round for some reason
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
don't get the cam and crank sensors mixed up as they look the same but they don't work if you swap them round for some reason

So I changed the crank sensor and the car tried to star about four times but did not catch, now just cranking again, WTF?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep checking those readings
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
keep checking those readings

Ok, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: