QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 4JX1 Stopped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonoroof

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 20:09    Post subject: Trooper 4JX1 Stopped Reply with quote

Last week, leaving the office, the Trooper started as normal, travelled about 200 yards and then stopped.
Hooked up the Tech2, but no faults recorded,
Checked the fuel flow for air, no bubbles. Tank and fuel pipes nice and dry
The process of elimination started with replacing the ORPS with a brand new genuine one.
Made no difference.
Next up, added extra engine oil, in case the strainer was broken, no joy, so just in case the pipe was cracked, the oil pan was removed, only to find the strainer was perfect.
I'm not sure where to go next, maybe the Crankshaft Sensor!
Help needed please.
Thanks
Michael
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 20:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildata

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hook up Tech 2 with an external 12v power source while cranking?
Apparently you will be able to see things like crank speed , crank sensor state, oil rail pressure, and are the injectors enabled.
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

for it to start it needs to see a cranking speed of about 180rpm, good oil pressure at about 3-4mpa, and the cam sensor at the same time as the crank hits tdc. then it will show injectors enabled on tech2 and the ecu will start to fire them so in theory it should start but if it's lost one of the reading i.e no cranking speed then it won't enable the injectors and it won't start
moonoroof

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
for it to start it needs to see a cranking speed of about 180rpm, good oil pressure at about 3-4mpa, and the cam sensor at the same time as the crank hits tdc. then it will show injectors enabled on tech2 and the ecu will start to fire them so in theory it should start but if it's lost one of the reading i.e no cranking speed then it won't enable the injectors and it won't start

Thanks Eithan Smile
This Trooper is not cooperating at all
When cranking, the ORPS can't get above 1.6
My mechanic, Robbie Hair (he's bald) Laughing has spent a lot of time trying to get it fired up.
Latest is, he's removed the oil pressure control valve and checked it:the solonoid is doing it's job and the pin is springing in and out.
I then went into my local dealer to see if they could throw any light on the problem.
They said if I was down that far, I should test the high pressue oil pump, so without asking, the gave me their testing equipment (sykes pickavant oil pressure test kit) with the Isuzu instructions  where to cnnect and test.
If the pressure is okay. then Robbie will put everything back in place, and then!!!!
Any notions Eithan?

Thanks
Michael
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.6 indicates either a leak at the injector rail so either where the injector joins the rail or an injector not shutting off properly allowing the oil to leak out or the hpop. connect the gauge to where the pipe that goes in to the rocker cover connects at the bottom i think it's the middle sized gauge you need (and you also need to swap the adapter). crank it over for about 20 secs if the oil pressure goes to over 3000psi then pump is ok and i reckon you will have a leak at the injectors somewhere
moonoroof

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
1.6 indicates either a leak at the injector rail so either where the injector joins the rail or an injector not shutting off properly allowing the oil to leak out or the hpop. connect the gauge to where the pipe that goes in to the rocker cover connects at the bottom i think it's the middle sized gauge you need (and you also need to swap the adapter). crank it over for about 20 secs if the oil pressure goes to over 3000psi then pump is ok and i reckon you will have a leak at the injectors somewhere

All sorted Eithan.
The ROPCV was the culprit.
Robbie give it a good clean, put all together again, turned the key, and a way it went.
Thank you again for your support, and not to forget Gribble for his sticky on the ROPCV.

Smile  Smile  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: