4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Solid flywheel 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 19:50    Post subject: Solid flywheel 3.0 Reply with quote

Hi there, I’m about to convert my 3.0 to 3.1 and I’m wondering how to go solid flywheel setup? I know a few have done this, it’s been a few years since I have converted a 3.0 and I would like to do away with the dmf job. I have read make the duel mass solid by bolting it and using a 3.1 clutch plate? Any help would be great cheers Bryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 19:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a fan myself of the solid conversion as i've seen a few now that shear the bolts and also getting the thing to sit level
bigb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on installing a new clutch, I don’t want to buy a new dmf so this was my solution to save a good bit of cash, my motor is on 154k so the dmf is bound to be well worn. the bolts you say you have heard of shearing, maybe the wrong grade of bolts have been used? After all, the pressure plate is bolted to the flywheel, the flywheel is bolted to the crank. How do I check the dmf is in good shape? If it is I may be better just going with it. Thanks again Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: