QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3litre 1999 Injector Advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevevoid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 13:07    Post subject: 3litre 1999 Injector Advice please Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Im a new member here so sorry if im asking a question that has already been answered. My Trooper is only working on 3 cyclinders, weve narrowed it down to the injector, i ordered a new (second hand) injector from eebuygum, we fitted it and it still hasnt worked, we've swapped the injectors around to elimate the electrics etc and it seems to be that its the injector. The guy that sold it is convinced it was working when he took it out of the previous vehicle. It is this type ISUZU TROOPER MK2 3.0 DIESEL FUEL INJECTOR 8971925963. A colleague has suggested that the injector might be coded electronically and that is why it does not work, is this the case? The new price of these injectors in France is 453E!!! (which suggests that they might be coded). Can i take the new (second hand) injector to someone who can match it with my Troopers ECU, does it even have an ECU at that age? If not, how can I be sure that it is definately the injector at fault and not a problem electronically? (Ive already swapped the old ones round and they work in all 4 holders) Lastly where can i find another injector if necessary? Thanks for any help advice etc
Steve
Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 13:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they are coded but it's only for fine tuning it should still work without being coded. the code bit is the 2 digit number under the barcode on the the top, also check the serial no. is above 0000554264 if it's not then don't use that injector as it was deemed to be below the cutoff point by isuzu for being modified and may well leak diesel in to the oil which can destroy these engines.

unfortunately the electrics issue is a very common problem with them and it may well have been working when it was removed theres no way to prove it wasn't.

in the uk the price of a singular injector is £436 plus vat but the price of a whole set is £1049 plus vat not sure where isuzu learn their pricing policy from!, i think we can sell them at £400 plus vat though so a bit cheaper but it's still genuine.

only way of testing is with a tech2 and do the click test where each injector should click 5 times and if it's had it then they click once.

you could send us your injectors and i can click test them and pressure test them to check for the leaking seal but we can't rebuild them i'm afraid

also don't reuse the seals especially the copper washer as it can cause them all sorts of smoking issues and only use genuine seals as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: