All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1 engine problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pussycat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39    Post subject: 4jx1 engine problem Reply with quote

Hi, I wonder if any body can give me some advise my old trooper was mot last month and running like a dream till last week then driving along the engine totally cut out no power at all, I changed the fuel filter to no avail also tried bypassing the filter it doesn't seem to want to pump up the fuel just wondering if anybody's had this trouble,dont  know if its electrical, cut the white wire nothing also have cheap code reader but no codes coming up any advise would  extremely grateful as the nearest Isuzu dealer 30 miles away and with it being automatic will have to be lifted :(
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it starting at all?
pussycat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, eithen no its turning over freely its just not wanting to start at all
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt it's fuel if you have bypassed the filter did you run a fresh supply straight to the engine?

so check the brake light fuse, have you tried an extra 2 litres of oil past the max mark? you might need to remove the orcv are you handy with the spanners? this is all thats left really that you can check at home as after that your going to need a tech2
pussycat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithen, thanks for this advice. I've put 2 litres of extra oil in and have checked the brake lights. So this afternoon I going to attempt to remove the ORCV. I've been looking at Grimbles photos and it looks very difficult, but I'll give it a try. Thanks again. All very helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: