All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Re:crank sensor harness

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:29    Post subject: Re:crank sensor harness Reply with quote

Hi guys, how do I remove the crank sensor harness on a Trooper 4fx1?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's part of the main loom
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
it's part of the main loom

Ok, that I know, what I should said is , how do I get it from behind the engine so I can inspect it for breaks?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

easier to do continuity checks between the pins at the sensor and the ecu, i'd be surprised if it's got a break in it as it should be in conduit all the way
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you got no crank reading on tech2?
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
have you got no crank reading on tech2?

Engine speed is only 96 okay yethow many battery's I use, have also changed the computer, as for continuity testing, the crank plug is under the car  , don't  see how I would do that and I don't know what wire to look for at the computer
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so thats why it's not starting then, so either the cam or crank sensor has gone wrong or the timing has jumped or the crankshaft has excessive end float and the crank sensor can't pick up the ring properly. can you get hold of an oscilloscope? to look at the signal from each sensor i can tell you what wire it is at the ecu to go on
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
ok so thats why it's not starting then, so either the cam or crank sensor has gone wrong or the timing has jumped or the crankshaft has excessive end float and the crank sensor can't pick up the ring properly. can you get hold of an oscilloscope? to look at the signal from each sensor i can tell you what wire it is at the ecu to go on

No I don't have access to an oscilloscope, how can I check the timing, or the crank end float and if it is the crank or timing, how do I fix it? Please and thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's crank end float then it means an engine rebuild as the thrust bearings or crank shaft have worn, if it's just the sensor then it's replaceable. if you take the front timing cover off and turn the engine until the cam marks line up then if it's correct you will have a small notch on the back edge of the crank pulley line up with a line cast in to the timing cover. if these two marks line up then the timing is ok and your looking at a sensor issue so the easiest way is to replace the crank sensor then if you don't have access to a scope
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
if it's crank end float then it means an engine rebuild as the thrust bearings or crank shaft have worn, if it's just the sensor then it's replaceable. if you take the front timing cover off and turn the engine until the cam marks line up then if it's correct you will have a small notch on the back edge of the crank pulley line up with a line cast in to the timing cover. if these two marks line up then the timing is ok and your looking at a sensor issue so the easiest way is to replace the crank sensor then if you don't have access to a scope

Ok, what if it has jumped timing?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the marks don't line up then just remove the belt set it all up and refit the belt (ideally replace the belt) remember you don't have to worry about the oil pump pulley you just need to make sure the cam and crank are in line
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
if the marks don't line up then just remove the belt set it all up and refit the belt (ideally replace the belt) remember you don't have to worry about the oil pump pulley you just need to make sure the cam and crank are in line

Ok, thanks Eithan, will let you know that goes.
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bighorn98 wrote:
eithan h wrote:

My garage has open an roof and it is the Rainey season, so this might take a while, sorry
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bighorn98 wrote:
Bighorn98 wrote:
eithan h wrote:

My garage has open an roof and it is the Rainey season, so this might take a while, sorry

Hi Eithan, the motor has 250 KM on it , should I change liners and rings bearings or what?
Thanks
Bighorn98

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bighorn98 wrote:
Bighorn98 wrote:
Bighorn98 wrote:
eithan h wrote:

Hi Eithan, the motor has 250 KM on it , should I change liners and rings bearings or what?
Thanks

So I took the engine apart and found nothing wrong, changed the cam and crank sensors for used ones, still will not dart, can any one say how to use the tech 2 to read the cam sensor and what I look for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: