2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Diesel in engine oil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 21:47    Post subject: Diesel in engine oil. Reply with quote

Hi Newbie just joined, hello all. I have a 1998 Trooper with the 3l 4JX1 engine, only done a genuine 86k miles. Problems started with white,ish smoke when accelerating, plus a slight over-run when turning the engine off.
At this point I didn't see any rise of oil on the dipstick.
Decided to replace ORPS (new Isuzu from Milners) and injector oil seals (also from Milners). When I took out the injectors, all were nice and clean with minimal carbon traces on the tips below the copper seal.
Rightly or wrongly I decided that the sleeve seals were fine so didn't attempt to remove any of the injector sleeves. Fitted new o rings to the injectors, placed the copper seals into the sleeves ensuring the flat surface was facing upward (after cleaning the sleeve bases lightly with a plastic blade) and refitted the injectors, oil rail with new ORPS fitted, H clamps, injector clamps etc. and torqued everything down. Rebuilt everything back up, forgot to put some oil in the hi pressure oil pipe prior to fitting to oil rail. Re-used the original water/anti freeze as there was no contamination problem. Put new engine oil (fully synthetic 5w 30w) in. Charged up both batteries as I knew it would take a while to pressurise the oil rail. After quite a few turns the cranking noise seemed to change as if the engine was labouring. 2 battery charges later it still wouldn,t start so I decided to strip it again. As I drained the engine oil it became apparent that it was contaminated with diesel. When I got to number 3 injector, the lower part of the tip was covered in a black wet substance which I have taken to be a mix of oil and diesel. Now I don,t know if the copper seal had leaked or the internal injector seal, or something else.
I have no Tech 2 to take any measurements but assume that any codes would be lost when disconnecting both batteries. It may be a red herring, but I noticed that when cranking the engine over, the red anti theft light on the dash was flashing.
Any help/tips would be most appreciated. In desperation I have advertised it on gumtree as spares or repairs but just wondered if I have been too hasty.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 21:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

so first off the milners injector seal kit is no good as the copper washers are wrong and do leak diesel in to the cylinders which causes them to smoke, did you follow the tightening down procedure in the manual? or did you just tighten the rail down first then the injectors to the rail as this can pinch the seals to one side and then they leak, also injectors themselves are a point of mixing oil and diesel and the most common as well but it's also possible it could have a cracked head which will also leak fuel in to the oil.

first off send the injectors to us and we can pressurise them to test for leaks, if there are no leaks we can then send them back if they are ok with a genuine set of seals then if you fit them again as per the manual and keep an eye on the oil level if it rises then it's the head. also did you clean the bottom of the sleeves before fitting new copper washers?
Lobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying Eithan. P.M. sent
Lobo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my Trooper. The problem was the copper seal (non original) on No 3 cylinder injector had leaked diesel direct into the cylinder. Now has new Isuzu seals on all injectors. Eventually got it started after the oil rail had filled up and pressurised. The only problem now is, it takes a while to start and for the oil light to go out on the dash. I have assumed it's because the new ORPS that I fitted needs calibrating to the ECU ? Would my assumption be correct ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven’t driven it yet then there is still air in the oil gallery and it will take a bit to start it needs a couple of miles on it to push it out then it should start as normal
Lobo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a speedy reply Eithan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: