All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 Trooper 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centerman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15    Post subject: 3.0 Trooper 2002 Reply with quote

Hi All
This is my first post I have a 3.0 Trooper a problem is driving me mad. Engine starts fine but as you pull away it loses power so wait till it warms up try again can take 10/15 minutes before it pulls like a train. Have had similar problem when going down hill?

Has had check on computer which showed it needed 1 injector. Also had sleeves fitted on all cylinders as it was suggested while it was stripped. Re checked on computer showed no faults, but above problem is still there and getting worse.  Local garage has said his computer is unable to fully read the digital faults if any their ?

Has anyone had similar fault to give me a clue loth to sell this on but as it works towing my RIBS to launch and retrieve on the beach can't take chance of getting stuck on beach.
regards
Brian
07970670235 Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the map sensor to see if it's blocked
centerman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 13:23    Post subject: Map Sensor Reply with quote

Hi Thank you for your suggestion, as I am not a mechanic I looked this up on line and it gave a method of using a multi meter would you suggest this is best way or is there any other test method.

Brian
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, remove it from the manifold and see if the hole is blocked up, if it is just use a pin to clear it refit it and give it a run and see if it's any better
centerman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sounds an easier way more suited to my abilit. Will do it in morning and let you know. Brian
centerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Checked the MAP sensor and it was a bit blocked with carbon so cleared out refitted and tried out on road but it has not made any difference.  Took it to a shop charged me £48.00 but he  did have a diagnostic unit that could read this make and he diagnosed that the Crank sensor was not working and a duff injector but as his unit screen was damaged he could not state which injector was down but as he disconnected each injector but one, they all altered the running but the one down made no difference when switched of.

Should I replace Crank Sensor and see if this makes any difference to the main problem before I throw more cash at this with a new injector.  It is hard in the Wirral Area to get anyone who will work on this Isuzu Trooper 3.0 units 2002 year.

Does anyone in reasonable distance from CH46 0RE know a fitter that would work on it.

1. Fitted full set of  injector Sleeves
2. Fitted new injector ( all the others working well nothing showing bad on diagnostics once fitted )
3. New clutch fitted
4. Duel Mass clutch
5. Wheel and big tyres for on beach

I do want to keep it because body in really good condition once warmed up it pulls like a train with no problem
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the crank sensor isn't working then it won't start! i'd find another person to work on it
centerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan
Thanks for your advice I am looking but without success at least i know the diagnostic chap is not very good? because the motor starts first turn just lacks poor till warm is this symptomatic with an injector not working?
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be or could be an oil viscosity issue or a leaking strainer seal or the orcv not working fast enough, you need to get it on tech2 with some one who knows what they are looking at
centerman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter told me takes a long time to start? and the the diagnostic was a Tech 2 it called up plenty of passed fault codes just left the 2 crank Oil sender and 1 Injector still looking for a mechanic in the Merseyside area if any one can help or suggest good garage great the local Isuzu chap won't work on this old a truck says their diagnostics don't fit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: