All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3litre Citation- Injector issues driving me bonkers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevevoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:23    Post subject: Trooper 3litre Citation- Injector issues driving me bonkers! Reply with quote

Hey everyone
Hoping one of you can help, my girlfriends 1999 Trooper wasn't firing very well and took her in and the mechanic said one injector needed replacing, I bought one second hand injector, the mechanic whacked it in and said it was faulty.. the guy I bought it off said it was working fine when he took it out. My mechanic ruled out it being a cabling problem by swapping the injectors around. The vehicle has been sat there for 4 months now as I don't want to spend 486 quid on a new injector to then find out it isn't that. Another mechanic has said that you have to be careful with those coded injectors and cant do old school mechanics ie testing them on the chassis to see if they work etc etc, my mechanic is a bit like that... So I've apparently got 2 broken injectors now and a vehicle that doesn't work. Can these injectors be re-worked? Does the fact that the coding on the new one wasn't identical mean that it would never work or should it work anyway? How can I be sure that its the injector? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it could be faulty it's happened to me where you diagnose the injector swap it for a new one fire it up again and theres a misfire as another injector has gone down. your man has identified it right by swapping them round so it must be the injector but the copper washers on the bottom of each injector don't like being reused and can cause it to smoke or miss as it leaks diesel straight in to the cylinder.
coding the injector in won't make any difference as it's a fine tuning thing to get each injector running at it's optimum but you can fit an injector and it will work fine without coding. the only proper way to test is the click test on tech2 but from what i hear it's difficult to find one in france.

you could always trailer it up to us we do a lot from france and we test and fit while you wait
stevevoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply
So you think its alright to swap and change the injectors around without that causing a problem? Should I examine the copper washes? If the injector was ok and copper washer damaged  would that prevent it from working? Are they a standard part to buy /replace? I haven't found someone yet that does the tech 2 click test in France, do you do that? Could I send an injector to you to test please?
Thanks so much for your help
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can swap the injectors around for testing with out the need for coding but each time you use a copper washer ideally throw it away and use a new one again as they don't like take to kindly to having to reform themselves again to the shape of a new sleeve. you won't see any damage on them but they take the shape of the bottom of the sleeve and reuse of them could start to see burn marks appear which then means your getting exhaust gasses in to the fuel system which causes running issues and if the leak is bad enough then they won't start as it can't get the fuel pressure up due to bad seals.

only use genuine seals the after market ones are worse than a reused genuine one!

we do do the click test and also a pressure test to make sure the internal seals are ok so send me all your injectors and i'll go through them to make sure they are ok and i'll label up any that are bad or fail the leak test.
stevevoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that’s good advice thanks, does the tech2 click test need to be done in situ , ie in the engine or can I send the injectors to you to test by post? what would you charge per injector? So my first port of call would be getting a new set of genuine copper seals and trying again? Are these injectors that delicate where they could break after being taken out of a working vehicle and sent to France and suddenly not work? You’re a legend thanks!
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

no you can just send me the injectors and it works out about £9 per injector to test and then postage back to you as well, the injectors are not that delicate and if they go it's normally when they get the signal from the ecu to fire that they go wrong not from posting.
i would send us the injectors first get them tested then we can supply the seals if you want and then when you fit them you know that they are good and your only paying for one set of seals which work out at about £9 per injector as well
stevevoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, I will get them sent in the next few days, what’s your postal address please? I’m going to send the original 4 injectors plus the 5th one, and a set of original deals would be amazing!
Thanks again
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unit 2 Crawley Mill Industrial Estate,Dry Lane , Crawley
Witney
Oxfordshire
OX29 9TJ
United Kingdom

Tel: 01993 771286
catherine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly you can swap the injectors around for testing without the requirement for coding yet each time you utilize a copper washer in a perfect world discard it and utilize another one again as they don't care for taking to compassionate to improving themselves again to the state of another sleeve. you won't perceive any harm on them yet they take the state of the base of the sleeve and reuse of them could begin to see consumer marks show up which at that point implies your getting exhaust gasses in to the fuel framework which causes running issues and on the off chance that the break is sufficiently terrible, at that point they won't begin as it can't get the fuel weight up because of awful seals.

just utilize veritable seals the secondary selling ones are more regrettable than a reused real one!

we do the snap test and furthermore, a weight test to ensure the inner seals are alright so send me every one of your injectors and i'll experience them to ensure they are alright and I'll name up any that are awful or fizzle the hole test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: