2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel pipe issue ... ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:36    Post subject: Fuel pipe issue ... ? Reply with quote

I think I'm going to need eithan's wise advice.

My Trooper has been much slower starting recently [turning over many times before firing].

Last Friday it stopped dead whilst warming up - after about 1 minute running.
Next day I tried the fuel primer and it felt 'empty'.

Thought it was a dead/duff primer - so just changed it. Primed it and it started.

BUT today it is back to the old routine of multiple starter rotations and no start.

Checked 'new' primer - it felt soft - so pressed 3 or 4 times - primer hardened up and then Trooper started fairly easily.

So 'inadequate' fuel supply - does this indicate a holed rear pipe OR ... ?

"if it's just taking a while to start id hazard a guess it's something else. "  I was concerned when I searched and found this comment from eithan.
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

02Trooper777

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out to be a well-rusted/holey fuel feed pipe on top of tank. Standard old Trooper issue. BUT see "Multiple problems ? " thread.

Cut a small (roughly 12cms x 12cms) hole in boot floor to access clips and check if pipe was 'fixable'.

Diesel soaked dirt all over the top of the tank and feed pipe was very thin. So ...

Bought a new fleabay SWB tank from George Barber Panels for £115. Ordered Monday - Delivered Wednesday. Decent looking tank [Made in Taiwan] ...

(Make sure you order the correct tank ... LWB  and SWB have breathers in different positions. I ordered a SWB tank but then found my tank breather was in front of the filler [as per the LWB version ...]

Put "Dock gate paint" around feed pipe junction and pipe itself.
On the internet there's a handy guide on removing a tank on a 3.1, small differences such as stating 13mm socket to remove tank guard bolts - mine needed 12mm and quite a *** to undo thanks to rust (you can get behind the bracket on the nearside and use a finger to put oil on threads.
Offside was not so easy - but aiming a bent spout on Duck Oil spray through a nearby hole in the chassis seemed to help.

[All six bolts holding the tank itself then had their rusty nuts ground off courtesy of Mr Bosch]
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: