2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Removal fuel pump on a 4JG2 engine DIY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitetroopere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 19:38    Post subject: Removal fuel pump on a 4JG2 engine DIY Reply with quote

hello all,
I finally had my trooper engine running.  However, engine could only idle and had no acceleration.  The fuel pump throttle seemed to have no effect on getting fuel to the pump.  I was told the pump needs to be removed and rebuilt.  I looked in the DIY section of this forum and found no DIY on fuel pump removal. I would be greatly appreciate it if someone here can share the steps in removal and installation of fuel pump on the 4jg2 engine.   Thanks Harry
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 19:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

iverjohnston

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it when my pump failed  due to contaminated fuel.
I decided to do timing belt at same time, as you need to take off covers etc anyway  .
I drained tbe coolant and pulled the rad and fan blades go give some room.
Its just simple disconnecting after that, everything is "fiddly" and space is tight, but very logical to anyone with basic mechanical skills.
whitetroopere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.  We were able to replace pump with timing on and pulley left untouched.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: