QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Corroded fuel line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Corroded fuel line Reply with quote

So newest problem... Leak in the rear... Told fuel lines corroded... Not safe to drive.. Going to get it checked tomorrow ... Any thoughts on cost to replace fuel lines?
1999 Trooper Citation 3.0

Really don't want to give up on the old girl!

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Cynt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drew m

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced mine with rubber ones an clipped it to existing pipe pretty easy and reasonable price.
Drew
Cynt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 23:29    Post subject: High Emissions - Check Engine Light Reply with quote

so...
Thanks Drew... result today is that might work - when they actually touch the fuel lines and they crumble they would be able to tell if where they need to extend the hose is viable to attach...otherwise bigger job in having to drop the tank.

Holding fire on that at the moment as now a bigger problem

Emissions should read Max 0.88 - the old girl blew 5.29!!!!

I know wasn't an issue in January when I had an injector and injector loom replaced...

Let us not forget the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - it has been on for 9 years! NEW REGS Say light is on instant FAIL... Diagnostics at dealers in January suggested they though it could be throttle body...

Either way FAILED MOT on above 3 counts (other than that two rear tyres and a brake light) last legal drive was to home...

Thinking worth risk for fuel lines but need to get emissions down - (light bulb can be removed)

OK History over  -QUESTION IS
Do you think that getting the throttle body cleaned out could be enough to bring emissions down? Not sure if want the expense of replacing the throttle body, and the fuel lines and tyres and what else if emissions don't go down... As no idea why else the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT has been on despite no real issues in 9 years.

The old girl only has 150000 miles I am sure still life left in her yet...

Still reluctant to give up on the old girl -

Once again any insight greatly appreciated.

Cynt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: