QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ReWiring Headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daesal too

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51    Post subject: ReWiring Headlights Reply with quote

Hi all.
Recently I've rewired a 2.8 TFS. Ive got everything to work except the headlights .Main beam flash works but cant get low beam to work on the stalk. Ive heard they are wired negative, but being honest,i cant work out how to do this! What i was thinking is to run a completely seperate wiring to the headlights with a switch on the dash.Does anyone think is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

on most cars they use a feed switched to power the lights  and a single earth so when you go from dip to main it cuts the feed from dip and and gives a feed to main and both filaments share the same earth, on isuzu they put a single feed up where the shared earth is so in effect both filaments are live and then when you operate the switch it gives an earth to whatever filament your needing to light up i.e dip or main. same principle just  reversed compared to other makes,
Daesal too

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.  Would there be a way to test if the stalk switch is connecting the negative? Could i have damaged the stalk switch itself if i connected it the wrong way round? It was working at first but there is nothing now. Maybe i did some damage while doing " trial and error" connecting the fuse box up? Sorry these are probably basic questions , my electric skills are very limited but i can slowly work stuff out, so l8ng as theres a cup of tea nearby!
Daesal too

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just doing some checks now. With the ignition off just the high beam comes on with the stalk pulled towards driver. With the ignition on both high and low beams come on with the stalk pulled towards driver. Either way they dont stay on after the stalk is released.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalks are known to play up
Daesal too

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to make sense.I checked the relay outputs again and the live feed from the relay to the fuse was not coming on with any movement on the stalk,so i was thinking it must be the stalk playing up. To experiment i put a live feed directly from ignition to the live at the fusebox. All lights now work , high and low beam can be selected on the stalk.but it wont turn the lights on and off.
I am thinking of running a live feed from the ignition on the fuse box through an inline fuse.Then up to an on/off switch on the dash and back to the lights at the fusebox. I think this should give me all lights. I hope!! Thanks for the info so far its really helped.
Daesal too

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick follow up. In case it helps anyone else. I did the above fix last week and all seems to be working ok. So far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: