All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4JX1 engine is driving me mad. Failing to start again...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troopermatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 22:31    Post subject: 4JX1 engine is driving me mad. Failing to start again... Reply with quote

Hi members!

Back on the forum seeking help from 4JX1 masters. Please do refer to my previous topics for "history".

Ok, Eithan to who I say a big hi knows most of the sad story, so feedback isn't too much as I was supposed to do so long before. But life dosen't always allow you enough time to be around... Here we are now, at last.

Eithan, you saved me on my way to Morocco, right in the middle of Spain this summer. What else could I have done if I hadn't followed your precious advice while stuck with family on board? Ok, still had the recovery option but you can't imagine how better it was to just re-start the Trooper and keep up going down south and cross the Gibraltar Channel.
The Trooper drove spot on in Morocco for 2 months. And guess what? It failed on the way back right in the middle of lovely France!!! And this time, with no luck to getting it started again, until now. I only managed to get it home yesterday as the garage in Poitiers struggled to get it running. Remember I had the CKP problem. Plugged in the Tech 2 and the car is showing no DTC, no faults, nothing! It turns over but no start. Garage checked again the CKP, ordered a new one from Isuzu and fitted it, still no start. He checked the wiring and it all seems fine. You did tell me about the problem the crankshaft seal could have. But, if that can help, I remember when it first broke down up north in Spain, Tech 2 showed ECT which I believe is the Engine Coolant Sensor. If the ECT is faulty, would this cause a no start problem? I'm about to order one, but I'd much appreciate your thoughts first please. What would a faulty ECT have to do with a starting issue? BTW, it did start with easy start at first but now it doesn't anymore no matter what amount of easy start I pour into the inlet pipe..  Crying or Very sad

Many thanks for bringing some light in the dark as still not ready to get rid of the b***y truck!  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 22:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

troopermatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never have imagined the Merc would be in front... Sadly true...

https://ibb.co/Bg9SvMm

https://ibb.co/TqF7dh8
troopermatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time... Now needing desperate help...  Crying or Very sad

https://ibb.co/jv314Qm
ivcho.vd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Try it, disassemble and clean it the PRCV  

Greetings
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should still start with the coolant sensor faulty, whats the engine speed reading and the oil pressure for the injectors and are the injectors enabled?
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the replies, just been able to log in.

On the Tech 2 is says injectors "disabled". Rail oil pressure reads -0.1.

Thought of cleaning the RPCV but wondering how hard it would be to disassemble.

Have tried again easy start with no luck. engine runs with lots of "metal" noise, then run fine at high speed then cuts off. There was some smoke and "burn" smellcoming from the bottom of the engine while first running on easy start, but then smoke stopped.

On Tech 2, while running a immobilizer DTC, it says:
B0017 Not Present
( 4 ) No Engine Request Received.

Cut the white wire and nothing, still no start.
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, engine speed was showing 950 rpm. And please how do I enable the injectors from Tech 2? Many thanks.
Will have a look at it tomorrow as very busy with mum this afternoon (aged 81...)
Regards
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you put the ignition on does it flash the check engine light at you?
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, check engine light comes on it flashes only once and then stays still until cranking, then it goes off.

I noticed something unsual though. The oil light stayed on all time until I sprayed easy start, now it goes off after cranking. One more thing, the fuel guage does not move. It's stuck in quarter but I'm pretty sure there is a lot more fuel in the tank. Tomorrow I'll try and see if I can get to the ORPCV if that can be of any interest. Oh and was going to forget to mention: I have some oil dropping from under the main oil filter area, this is the first time I've seen this.
ivcho.vd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

troopermatter wrote:
BTW, engine speed was showing 950 rpm. And please how do I enable the injectors from Tech 2? Many thanks.
Will have a look at it tomorrow as very busy with mum this afternoon (aged 81...)
Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWVURhDt-Q
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't enable them thats to show if the ecu is trying to fire them which it isn't, to enable them the ecu needs to see a good crank, cam signal and oil pressure so as it's not got any i would think thats the reason it's not firing and no amount of easy start is going to help. take the valve out but don't strip it down as it can cause more issues than good and i'm not a fan of stripping them down as they never seem to work right afterwards, but take it out and see if the plunger up the trumpet end is stuck by giving it a prod. it should move maybe 4mm and spring back, if its solid then i would just replace the valve.
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to you ivcho.vd and eithan  Very Happy
The sun is shining out there but a car is parked just in front of my house... When I get a chance to park it I'll start removing the valve. Will udpate when done!
Cheers
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, managed to get to the OPCV.. Not fully removed though, just been able to remove 19 mm nut but dropped casing (or hat??) somewhere in the engine bay  Rolling Eyes Just wondering what spanner I need to remove the thing as it is much bigger.
Expecting 3°C in the morning so not sure if I will have enough strenght to go ahead... will probably do. In the mean time, new part was ordered today from China but listing mentions "Made in USA" ? ALI X PRESS offers faster shipping than eebuygum, wait and see...
For info, when removed the electrical connector, there was plenty of oil in it. May be a sign of dead OPCV?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

29mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: