All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Indicators have sudenly stopped working. Isuzu 3.1 1995 Bigh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coombsey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 17:10    Post subject: Indicators have sudenly stopped working. Isuzu 3.1 1995 Bigh Reply with quote

Hopefully someone can help. I pulled into the service station and my indicators were working fine. When i pulled out they were completely dead. My hazard lights are working fine. I have read some other posts and have located the flasher relay in the drivers footwell which is clicking away fine when the hazards are switched on but makes no noise when the indicator stalk is moved up or down.

My Isuzu is a 1995 3.1 Bighorn. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I haven't stripped the stalk assembly down yet in case there was anything to try before hand.  

Thanks

Coombsey
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 17:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

troopermatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having the same problem with my previous 3.1 where indicators stopped working intermitently. Had a look at the fuse box and couldn't find any blown one. Warnings were working fine though. So I kept moving and "playing" with the flasher relay and it happened to be the problem. It might be worth looking closely at the flasher and see if there is a loose contact somewhere, if fuses are ok.
coombsey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right i had a proper look today and managed to sort out this problem. In some decent light i found that one of the fuses had blown. This was located in the fuse box in the drivers footwell on the right hand side. The fuse that had blown was a 10 A fuse that supports the indicator amps and the reversing lights.
I put a new fuse which duly blew straight away when I used the indicator stalk.

As mentioned on this forum the likely fault was the wiring chafing next to the gear box causing a short.

A quick look under the car quickly identified that the wiring by the gear box had chafed on a bracket causing a short.

I used some amalgam tape to wrap the cables in and fixed them back into the holding bracket. Replaced the fuse and all worked fine.
troopermatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you sorted the problem. It's often worth taking time to look here and there before attempting to strip things appart, and eventually fix them without too much hassle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: