Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu trooper 1994 3.1 fuel problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomovincent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 15:23    Post subject: Isuzu trooper 1994 3.1 fuel problem Reply with quote

Hi,
I need some help I have a 1994 trooper 3.1 duty
It was given to me by an elderly gentleman 5 years ago it was in fantastic mechanical condition but a bit shabby on the outside but that didn’t matter
I was only 17 when he gave to me so it was too much to insure back then too drive so I parked it up on my nans drive to keep it to drive one day, I made sure I started it every week and kept it up together , however last year met my now girlfriend and left it standing for longer periods of time without it running.
A few diesel hoses perished near the primer pump which I would replace and bleed the pump and all would be well again also the hand primer perished and split a couple of times which again I replaced
Also I had to change the filter again I bled the system, recently it has gone completely wrong though, it won’t start even with a jump as the batteries are flat it will fire just but it’s lumpy , I’m not certain but it may have ran out of fuel although the gauge still is reading nealry a quarter of a tank I’ve topped up the fuel aswell with out any joy, today I have replaced the primer lift pump with a second hand one tried to bleed it but nothing , it still fires but I don’t know where it’s getting any fuel cos there’s none in the pipes
I thought Turning the starter to see if any fuel comes up from the tank would tell me anything but nothing came out the pipe trying that
I’m worried I’ve pulled up a load of gunge from the tank somewhere along the line
Do these have another fuel pump in the tank ? I’m not sure?
Anyway anyone got any ideas cos I’m stumped now ?
Could the diesel have gone off ?
Tom
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 15:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

they only have a small lift pump to get the fuel to the engine which is in the main fuel pump, i'd rig up a jerry can with fuel and a pipe going to the fuel pump and see if it will run off that which if it does then that proves it's sucking in air somewhere which most likely place is the fuel tank
tomovincent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the fuel pump in the tank cos the lift pump I’ve been messing about with is next to the air filter unit
Is that where you mean?
Cheers
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing in the tank and you been messing with the primer unit not the lift pump
tomovincent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay so where exactly is the fuel pump?
Thanks for your help really appreciate this
Tom
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

its part of the main fuel pump on the engine, stick a pipe in a jerry can then find where the pipe from the fuel filter goes to the engine and connect the jerry can pipe to that point on the engine. this way you are bypassing the fuel lines and tank and primer unit and the basis of this is just to see if it runs from a clean fuel supply. if it does run then that narrows the list of possibilities  down to the fuel system but if it doesn't run then it's an engine issue
tomovincent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks I’ll try that so just for my information, sorry I’m not really a mechanic how does it get fuel up from the tank to the fuel filter then?
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

suction via the fuel pump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: