Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4JX1 Oil pressure warning light ON. Why??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troopermatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 20:25    Post subject: 4JX1 Oil pressure warning light ON. Why?? Reply with quote

Hi...  Very Happy

Well, I will NOT give up. One or two days ago I was posting "yeah Trooper's running fine now blablabla..." And today, the oil pressure warning light would not go off till after about 2-4 minutes, and I need to rev the engine up a few times before that warning lamp goes off.

- Question 1: Is it only a matter of oil and oil filter quality as after all my past issues I only put the cheapest main oil filter I found (NPS for a couple of quids) and a "unbranded" 5w30 fully synthetic oil almost as cheap as the oil filter...  Confused

- Question 2: Do I have to worry about an oil pump issue? I can hear a strange sound coming from what I think is the "oil filter assy" area. That is when I rev up the engine to make that warning lamp go off. When it goes off, the strange sound disappears..

- Question 3: Could it be the oil sump pick-up pipes that need replacing? Found the longer one brand new on eebuygum and ordered it to plan ahead just in case. I can't find the shorter one tho...

Any thoughts please?

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 20:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

troopermatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to ask, if it's matter of oil pick-up pipes, how easy (or hard) is it to replace them and gaskets / O-rings? Cheers
troopermatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done! Removed suspension cross member, oil pan, oil strainers and fitted with brand new gaskets (arrived in two days from Dubai).
Fitted genuine Isuzu oil filters (main NPS oil filter is not the same as the genuine from inside and the top holes are drilled on a "flat" surface whearas Isuzu's has bend like top and larger holes, inside is different too. The sub is a special filter but had to replace it as mine was bent at the top. I found a 1 sq cm bit of plastic trapped inside the strainer grill. It came from the dipstick lol and don't know how long it's been sitting there...
Anyway, fitted new oil pan gasket and let it to fully dry overnight and then I thightend the bolts, filled with 7.5 l GM 5w30 oil and bingo! pressure built up right after engine start. Tried a few times during the day and can't see any leaks so far. Pressure warning light goes out instantly. Fingers crossed. Quite easy job.
Could be helpful so someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: