4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Not starting but runs well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pintail

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Not starting but runs well Reply with quote

Hi guys, looking for some help please, I 'am having problems starting a 3.0 L 2004 trooper with a 135k miles on it. First a bit of history, the glow plugs have not worked for about 6 years but the engine has always started with a little bit of white smoke which clears after about 10 sec's. Last week while out driving the engine cut out for about 5 sec's then restarted it's self as it was still in gear. Next day the engine just cranked over & over for ages before it started, once started all was well all day. Next day same again just kept cranking over & before it started & now it was cutting out as till it was warm. I changed the fuel filter but it did not help the starting problem, but the engine ran a lot better. So today when it did not start I tried the white wire trick, cranked it over hopping it start but loads of white smoke was coming out of the exhaust & it did not start, reconnected the white wire & cranked it over & over again for ages then it started & I drove it home. So my question is it seems that it is not the ORPS so could it be the RPCV. One more thing while the engine is cranking over the oil light goes out & there is oil pressure showing on the gauge.

Many thanks.

Pintail.
 PS. sorry if I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildata

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pintail,
Try temporarily over filling the Oil by 2 liters Above Max  - as given your mileage there may be an issue with a little pick up pipe - looks like a mini showet head and it slips down to the bottom of the sump.

Look for posts referencing "oil pick up strainer" by Eithan.

Obviously do try not to leave the 2 extra litres in for ever - it must put some extra pressure on seals etc,
or rev the engine to high revs - its just to test if your symtoms are cured.
The general advice is to try not to leave it overfilled for more than a few days - that said I crept round for 3 months waiting for a chance to to get the simple repair (which involves the messy job of removing the sump pan) done.

Wildata.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: