All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4JXI Trooper Oil pressure lamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 18:52    Post subject: 4JXI Trooper Oil pressure lamp Reply with quote

Hi,
Now the red oil pressure lamp is permanently on. First only for some seconds, then longer and longer and now all the time. Placed it in my garage and first go was to change the oil pressure switch. On my 4JXi its a small switch on the oilfilter house. Easy to change. Not the big one as on some other 4JXi. Change made no difference. Emptied for oil, removed the sump and found the long strainer damaged around the bolt hole.Got it welded. Bought two new seals (from IM Thailand). When mounting the welded strainer it didnt fit 100%. It was a bit tricky to get the bolt in its place. Had to gently press the strainer to the left to make it fit. Didnt think more about it and screwed everything together with liquied sealant, waiting 24 ours, new oil and everything was thight. No leaks. But the waring lamp is still on Evil or Very Mad First idea, change back to the old oil pressure switch but light still on. Ok. locked the garage and tried to think on something else, like holiday in Spain. Which is also impossible these dayYesterday I remembered the problem with the mounting hole on the strainer and think that when I pressed the strainer a bit to the left it may create a passage for air and suck in more air than oil. Is this possible?
I have ordered a new oil strainer for about 5 weeks ago at the local IM dealer. After two weeks they called and I drove down to them, and guess what. They had ordered the small one for the injection system. IM made a new order(very difficult for them to understand the 4JXI engine). Nothing heard from them in three weeks so I guess I can forget their help
I do all work on the car myself. I guess I will order a new genuine Isuzu oil strainer(Opel Monterey) in Germany that fits 100% and hope all problems with the oil pressure will be history.
Do you agree that a little pressure on the strainer(I had to bend it  to one side)  could make the strainer suck air? I hope so because I dont know what else to look for.
Thank you Very Happy
Ford Mondeo turnier 1,6 tdci econetic
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 18:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received Opel/GM oil restrainer from Germany yesterday. Drained oil again, removed the sump and strainer. New strainer and seal fitted, much better than the old welded one. Liquid seal on sump part, tighten by hand, waited one hour and tighten properly. Waited untill today and filled it up with oil. Also fitted a brand new pressure sensor and voila. No red warning light for oil pressure. The warning light is off instantly after start and remains off. No leaks from sump.  Forgot to mention that I also changed the oil filter to JAPKO made for original spec.
It started much quicker than before, probably because of new seal on the injection part strainer. Asked local Isuzu shop about liquid seal on/around the rubber seal on the strainer, but was advised not to. Only to apply some grease on the seal. It was a quite easy fix.
Everything is ok again, but whats up next?
Thank you..
drew m

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'll guess either orps sensor or an injector or 2  going down if it's anything like mine.
Drew
Nor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, hope not because i have recently changed injector no 3 and all seals and ORPS and the ORCV, but you never know..

Maybe turbo seals or something tricky to fix.
drew m

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had 2 injectors go down within 6 weeks of each other not long ago, still ran  although not well.
Drew
Nor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always something to do with these engines and altough I like it I might trade it in with a Land cruiser or something more reliable.

Here in Norway its only Toyotas. X-trails, some Land rovers and Mazdas. A Trooper is like a wild goose , hard to find and even harder to fix.

Parts has to be bought from the UK. Dubai or Germany(Opel Monterey) and theres nobody to help you. IM knows nothing. But for the moment it runs

well and im happy with that.
drew m

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a 1999 landcruiser colorado, had it for 19 years, never been inside the engine only cam belt and usual wear and tear stuff but still the original exhaust, excellent well built truck if I had to go a trip into the desert I would choose it before the trooper but I like the trooper too when it's running well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: