2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sensible Insurance Companies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:05    Post subject: Sensible Insurance Companies Reply with quote

Hello Folks Very Happy

Can anyone sugggest any companies that its worth going to for insurance
i'm with osbournes at the mmement , but i think they are tying it on.

Ive got full protected no claims and have been driving for over 20 yrs. Ive got a 93 3.1td lwb irmscher bighorn. ive had it fitted with a cat 2 immobiliser to keep them happy and now even with their £300 excess they are looking over £500 / year fully comp for me and the wife as the only named drivers.

I ve just told them that in order to occasionally reclaim mileage expenses from work i need covering for business use (class B) and they want to add on another 15%......taking me to over £600 / year. Not a happy bunny.
Does this sound excessive compaired to all you out there or am i just becoming paranoid.....
let me know of anyone you would try, use or recommend from personal experience
Ta
Gerry Mc
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Leo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry, sorry to hear you're getting stuffed by the insurance companies. Try Liverpool Victoria or Frizzell (they're linked). I've been with Frizz for a couple of years now and am paying £276 fully comp with protected bonus and an excess of £150. I'm pretty happy with that so won't be changing companies in the foreseeable future! Obviously location has a lot to do with quotations, so if I moved back to Liverpool I'd probably get ripped off too! I'd paste a link to an earlier insurance post but I'm not clever enough to do it, but take a look on page 2 at 'Insurance (again!)'.
Hope you get it cheaper somewhere!
Leo.
nate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 13:24    Post subject: INSURANCE Reply with quote

Very Happy HI THERE I'M NOT SURE OF THE CURRENT PRICE, BUT WHEN RENEWED IN AUGUST LAST YEAR. INSURANCE STAYED WITH TESCO INS. AS THEY ONLY CHARGED ME £487 WITH £150 EXCESS. I HAVE 6 YEARS NO CLAIMS. CAT 1 ALARM/IMOB.AND MY WIFE ON THE POLICY AS A NAMED DRIVER EVEN WITH HER ON A PROVISIONAL LICENCE.HOPE THIS GIVES YOU SOME HELP CHEERS NATHAN... Very Happy
roy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
I HAVE A ENGLISH TROOPER 3.1TD I AM WITH TESCO IT COST ME £460 AND I HAVE 8 YEARS NO CLAIMS AND MY WIFE THATS JUST PAST HER TEST ON IT , I HAVE ONLY GOT THE FACTORY FITTED ALARM
ROY
jocten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 21:47    Post subject: Re: Sensible Insurance Companies Reply with quote

Gerry McConaghy wrote:
Hello Folks Very Happy

Ive got full protected no claims and have been driving for over 20 yrs. Ive got a 93 3.1td lwb irmscher bighorn. ive had it fitted with a cat 2 immobiliser to keep them happy and now even with their £300 excess they are looking over £500 / year fully comp for me and the wife as the only named drivers.

I ve just told them that in order to occasionally reclaim mileage expenses from work i need covering for business use (class B) and they want to add on another 15%......taking me to over £600 / year. Not a happy bunny. Very Happy Hi Gerry,
Having just purchased my bighorn, I ended up with "Adrian Flux near Kings Lynn, Norfolk. Basic premium was £315.00, £250.00 excess with a CAT 1 alarm / immobilliser, living in the Peterborough area. I hope this helps. Jocten
Does this sound excessive compaired to all you out there or am i just becoming paranoid.....
Ta
Gerry Mc
Very Happy
jocten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 21:51    Post subject: Re: Sensible Insurance Companies Reply with quote

Gerry McConaghy wrote:
Hello Folks Very Happy

I ve just told them that in order to occasionally reclaim mileage expenses from work i need covering for business use (class B) and they want to add on another 15%......taking me to over £600 / year. Not a happy bunny.
Ta
Gerry Mc
Very Happy Hi Gerry,
Having just purchased my bighorn, I ended up with "Adrian Flux near Kings Lynn, Norfolk. Basic premium was £315.00, £250.00 excess with a CAT 1 alarm / immobilliser, living in the Peterborough area. I hope this helps. Jocten
billyloadsamud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use adrian flux also, seem to be cheaper than most, other to try is sureterm direct, they were nearest quote to a/flux
billy.
does seem dear , have uk 3.1td and only £278 pa with wife who is diabetic and increased premium, but full protected noclaims Confused
joeswan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Privelege at the moment, the price is around £300 with protected no claims etc, this is for a 2.8 Bighorn.
Also Norwich Union were only about £5 dearer.
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '89 LWB 2.8 is £138 PA with £200 excess fpr 10,000 miles PA fully comp through Firebond. Helps being over 40 (just....) & living in Kent. If I go over 10,000 miles, which I will very soon, I just get them to top it up to compensate.
Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 17:01    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you all.....i'll start phoning around.......the little voice in my head tells me i am being ripped off
Ta
Gerry Mc Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: