QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suspension not level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark-70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 21:30    Post subject: Suspension not level Reply with quote

Ive fitted a new set of standard springs from milners as my truck seemed to be sitting low on the rear offside & hit the bump stops very easily. Problem is while it is sitting notably higher on both sides after fitting the springs it is still lower on the offside by about the same ratio as before. When fitting, the near side spring removed easily but the offside need compressing in order to remove. So seems the axle is sitting closer to the chassis on the offside. I didn’t remove the drop links whilst fitting. The original offside adjustable drop link was removed a while ago not by me) due to failure & replaced with a standard one, is it possible that the adjustable one would have been longer than a standard one due to its mechanism & the shorter one is causing the truck to sit lower one side? Probably not but I can’t think of anything else. I know there’s plenty on here who have experience of lifting theses trucks with all different modifications & springs so any ideas or input would be appreciated..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 21:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mark-70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some measurements today and found the replaced O/S drop link to be 40mm shorter than the N/S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: